Charleston, WV

Posted August 26, 2012
My child has attended this school. It is a wonderful school for pre-school through grade 5. The student to teacher ratio is super! When you are there it is a feeling of family! The academics and standardized test scores are very good! The school has a wonderful, loving, and supportive staff! The school is situated on many acres with a wonderful playground and open play area. I feel that the foundation for education and life that my child received there is something for which I am grateful!

Posted April 21, 2010
My child is doing quite well at St. Agnes and I very much like the fact that parents are encouraged to be a part of the school through Read Aloud, lunch duty, playground duty, etc. Some of the staff changes in the last few years have been a definite upgrade. As for teacher-student ratio, the person who thinks it is higher than any public school in the state is totally clueless.

St. Agnes School 2

Posted March 25, 2010
The teachers have very little flexibility when it comes to children with different learning styles. If a child isn't able to keep up or understand they seem to be left behind instead of nurtured. There are also too many children in a class for one teacher to handle. Some classes have a higher student teacher ratio than any pubic school in the state.

Posted July 10, 2008
Everyone at St. Agnes is friendly. This includes the teachers, parents, and staff. I have loved having my son there for the past 7 years. He will continue in the supportive, save environment that he has been in since he was 3 and I know that he will do well wherever he goes because of his start at St. Agnes School

St. Agnes School 3

Posted March 14, 2008
I agree with the parent about the outdated educational philosophies. There is no qualified staff to help with LD children. There is way too much busy work and the teachers quality surrffes in the 3rd and 4th grades.. Parent involvement is very much encouraged..

Posted August 31, 2007
Our son transferred to St. Agnes from St. Anthony's going into 5th grade. St. Agnes was a wonderful choice! It is a very cheerful place to grow and learn. Our son graduated 8th grade from St. Agnes and has not had any problems now that he is at GW high school. He is stays on the honor roll and St. Agnes really prepared him academically for the tough challenges of high school. Our family would recommend St. Agnes to all families looking for a great school.

Posted July 19, 2007
Our 3 kids have done great academically and socially- we love the school!!!

Posted October 13, 2006
My sons attended St. Agnes. One is now in college, the other still in high school. The boys' years there were a great experience for them and we all have the fondest memories of the school, staff and students.

St. Agnes School 2

Posted September 11, 2006
I was sorely disappointed by this school and its affiliated daycare. They use a lot of worksheets and very old educational philosophies. My child was very, very unhappy there. Parent involvement is discouraged.

St. Agnes School 4

Posted January 17, 2006
This school has small classes and great parent involvement. The Principal has been an excellent administrator and guided this school through many changes over the years. A small core group of long-term teachers has sustained the academic reputation of the school. There have been a few disappointing teachers over the years, but the Principal has usually remedied the situation when required. There have been fluctuations in the school's cleanliness over the years, but it has improved in the past several months. The Pastor has been minimally involved and not visible at the school, but we are getting a new Pastor soon. This change, along with the many positives already noted should keep this a solid school for many years to come.

St. Agnes School