Posted September 16, 2009
why do i love greenbrier west high school because ther are a lot of great teachers and aids that work there and i really do love this high school

Posted July 18, 2009

Posted July 17, 2009
Greenbrier West has made great gains this past year. I think the Blue and Gold cards were needed to reinforce students.

Posted June 21, 2009

Posted February 26, 2009
I have worked as a substitute teacher at Greenbrier West, and I belive that the school has improved tremendously with the new principal, staff teachers, addition of the CIS, and effective displinary measures.

Posted December 23, 2008
I went to West and did not appreciate the quality of education I was recieving at the time. I took the AP and Advanced courses and was still able to pull mostly 'A's with minimal work. The fact is, I was learning in class. My first year in college was pre-med and was basically all a review for me. I found that in area's like sciences and math, I was ahead of most of my classmates from other states, areas of the state, or even private schools. I've gone on to finish my doctorate, so I thank them for teaching me when I didn't even know it was happening. Greenbrier West is a great place to start!

Posted August 31, 2008
I graduated from West in 2008 and was one of the ones saying we never did enough work and we were never pushed but after being in college class and hearing kids from other schools talk about how easy high school was and how hard college is, I've realized something, college is easy. Mr. Pomeroy and Mr. Burdette God bless their souls were the toughest teachers I had and now college algebra and english is super easy and I had even read all the books for theatre my senior year in english, so that's easier too. So, to all the parents saying my kid isn't doing any work, there doing more than you know and compared to the kids I've met from other schools they are doing more at West then any other school in the state. Just know your kid will be ready for life if they graduate from West.

Posted April 10, 2008
I've been a student at Greenbrier West for 3 years now, I'm currently a Junior. At Western Greenbrier, I never tried in my work because the classes were so horrible. But it's different at West; most teachers there are very nice and seem to actually care about things other than their paycheck. Each teacher is unique in his or her teaching style, which helps us in our classes if we need a different style. Yes, some teachers could do a LOT more in their work and effort, but for the most part, Greenbrier West is a wonderful school that makes the best of what it has.

Greenbrier West High School 4

Posted April 10, 2008
Awesome. That's the only way to describe it. I've been here for 3 years and I wouldn't want to have my education anywhere else. Hands down, although thumbs down to some of the teachers who care nothing about us, only their paychecks.

Greenbrier West High School 1

Posted February 06, 2008

Greenbrier West High School
Main St, Charmco, WV  25958
Last modified Greenbrier West High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greenbrier West High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top