Bad
Good

why do i love greenbrier west high school because ther are a lot of great teachers and aids that work there and i really do love this high school

Greenbrier West has made great gains this past year. I think the Blue and Gold cards were needed to reinforce students.

I have worked as a substitute teacher at Greenbrier West, and I belive that the school has improved tremendously with the new principal, staff teachers, addition of the CIS, and effective displinary measures.

I went to West and did not appreciate the quality of education I was recieving at the time. I took the AP and Advanced courses and was still able to pull mostly 'A's with minimal work. The fact is, I was learning in class. My first year in college was pre-med and was basically all a review for me. I found that in area's like sciences and math, I was ahead of most of my classmates from other states, areas of the state, or even private schools. I've gone on to finish my doctorate, so I thank them for teaching me when I didn't even know it was happening. Greenbrier West is a great place to start!

I graduated from West in 2008 and was one of the ones saying we never did enough work and we were never pushed but after being in college class and hearing kids from other schools talk about how easy high school was and how hard college is, I've realized something, college is easy. Mr. Pomeroy and Mr. Burdette God bless their souls were the toughest teachers I had and now college algebra and english is super easy and I had even read all the books for theatre my senior year in english, so that's easier too. So, to all the parents saying my kid isn't doing any work, there doing more than you know and compared to the kids I've met from other schools they are doing more at West then any other school in the state. Just know your kid will be ready for life if they graduate from West.

I've been a student at Greenbrier West for 3 years now, I'm currently a Junior. At Western Greenbrier, I never tried in my work because the classes were so horrible. But it's different at West; most teachers there are very nice and seem to actually care about things other than their paycheck. Each teacher is unique in his or her teaching style, which helps us in our classes if we need a different style. Yes, some teachers could do a LOT more in their work and effort, but for the most part, Greenbrier West is a wonderful school that makes the best of what it has.

Awesome. That's the only way to describe it. I've been here for 3 years and I wouldn't want to have my education anywhere else. Hands down, although thumbs down to some of the teachers who care nothing about us, only their paychecks.

My son has been at West for two years, and quite honestly, the staff is lacking for the most part. The teachers do not give enough work. The kids may work in some of their classes three times a week, and when they do they never do anything that hard. They don't usually get taught, they just kinda get handed paper and told 'Do it and turn it in at the end of class!' So my overall opinion of West isn't nearly as high as it was of Western Greenbrier Middle School.

Last modified Greenbrier West High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.