Posted September 07, 2013
I have grandchildren that have gone to WI Middle and I believe it to be either the worst school in the state or at least close to the worst. I have now put grandchildren in private school to keep them away from WI. The teachers are horrible both as educators and as humans. I went to high school there but then at least the teachers then were interested in the students and they got respect because they showed respect and they deserved respect. Not now.

Posted September 05, 2013
I am a former student of WI, and all I can say is that I survived. It was horrible, and I still carry scars (emotional) from the time that I attended. I was shy and had awful experiences with many of the teachers. One woman in particular is still there, teaching 7th grade. She accused me of being disrespectful, uncooperative, etc. The problem was that I was so quiet I hated to explain or defend myself. I felt like she kept confusing me with other people, she kept calling me ally. She noticed if my homework was incomplete, but she never seemed to notice that I was getting bullied at my locker every day, just 4 ft from her. When parents say there is a bullying problem at this school, I believe them. The same teachers who ignored it then are ignoring it now. I don't see how a teacher can stand there and let boys yell at a girl that she is a fat cow, tell me that I stink, spray air freshener in my face and in my locker, and call me the B word. This happened right in front of them. When it's obvious the teachers don't care, there's no point in the victim speaking out. You come to believe all the insults are true, or else why wouldn't the adults stop them and help you?

Washington-Irving Middle School 5

Posted November 02, 2008
I was very unwilling to send my children to WI when my daughter began middle school. I have since changed my mind. I feel that it is one of the best schools in Harrison County. I have two children at WI MIDDLE and they both love it. My daughter is an 8th grader now and is involved in sports and from grade school through 8th she has been an honor roll student. She has had to work hard and study but she loves it. My son is a 6th grader this year and is also on the honor roll. He on the other hand doesnt study much and does well. I am invoved in my children's school activities and everyone in the office seems to be very nice. The best advise I can give someone is if your children are hard workers and you are involved they will be fine.

Posted October 28, 2008

Posted January 03, 2008

Posted January 03, 2008

Washington-Irving Middle School 4

Posted November 05, 2007
As a parent of two students attending WI. I will comment that my two older children are both doing very well at this school. My daughter is in honors. I get a little tired of parents saying that bullies are more overpowering in this school than in any other. All schools will have their share of mischievous children. It is part of life. All children will encounter it at some point in time in their life. I have not noticed my children's grades dropping at all since attending WI. I think parents need to stop blaming schools for the outcome of their children's grades.

Posted April 30, 2007
As a parent of a 6th grader I'm not happy with the school.My daughter was an honor student and now is barely passing.There are a few good teachers but most are poor teachers.There is one female 6th grade teacher who is rude to both students and parents.The teachers dont notify the parents if the students grades drop in class.That is the parents responsibility.They dont give homework to a sick child unless they miss more than three days of school.The main principal is one who carries favorites in the school as well as most of the teachers.There is alot of bullying within the school yet its ignored.Parents involvement is not welcomed nor their concerns.If there is a problem and you approach the staff or main principal the child is normally the blame.I cant believe how poorly the school is ran. Parents complain yet we are ignored as well.

Posted December 02, 2006

Posted March 24, 2006
This is my second year at WI and I think ,instead of getting better as the principals say, it's getting worse. I could go on all day abot this school, but I think I have better things to do than to sit here and complain. C.K.G.

Washington-Irving Middle School
443 Lee Ave, Clarksburg, WV  26301
Last modified Washington-Irving Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington-Irving Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top