No rating

Notre Dame High School

Private | 7-12

Living in Clarksburg

Situated in a small town neighborhood. The median home value is $73,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $576.

In the know: Get our expert advice on schools

No articles are available

Posted September 3, 2009

With all due respect to the author of the entry in July, 2004, the author is simply wrong about his or her facts. ND has 11 AP courses, more than any other school in north central WV. Moreover, my daughters graduated from ND, and were very well prepared at the highly ranked and competitive private colleges that they attended. One just graduated summa cum laude and has been accepted at a prestigious graduate school. The other is in the top 10% of her class in another highly ranked private school. Neither needed or received any remedial courses in college, and neither went to a college in WV. They both studied the classics in AP Literature, including Plato, Shakespeare and some of the other great authors and thinkers. Simply stated, both were very well prepared for college. Futher, no lock were even needed on the lockers.

Posted May 28, 2009

my daughter has just finished her first year at Notre Dame and really likes it. She was very shy at first and it took her some adjustment but she says the teachers really care and the kids are very close and that she would like to stay there. We have to drive 40 miles every day one way to go there also.

Posted October 18, 2008

Being a former Student yet I had to move again before the SR year this school is excellent and the students are outstanding.

Posted March 7, 2008

Notre Dame is by far the best school I have been to. It provides a great education, while maintaining the Christian environment that is expected. I plan on returning the fell of next year. notre Dame is like home to me. I tried boarding school, but Notre Dame had provided a much more helpful approach to everything, and the work here is ridiculous. I learned a lot more than math science etc at Npre Dame./

Posted December 7, 2006

I like this school because it has a family-like atmosphere. The teacher's will help you and fit arund your schedule. Even the sports allow you to do as many activities you want. Everyone knows everyone so it's hard for kids to get away with things like they would at a public school.

Posted February 23, 2005

My son was in a public school and it seemed like his life was spiraling out of control. I then placed him at Notre Dame and he is doing a great deal better. The teachers are knowledgable and they really care about each and every student. They offer an excellent athletic department and have plenty extracurricular activities to suit the need of everyone. The level of parent involvement is evident everyday. Parent volunteers are always around the school and the school keeps each and every parent involved in every aspect of their child's development. Dr. Carol Morrison (principal) is always concerned with every student's development personal and academic. You can count on her to discuss your child with you and to create a plan to aide you in any way she can. She always seems to have the time. The staff are readily available for discussion as well. Thank You!

Posted September 28, 2004

I beleive that Notre Dame is a very good high school, in that they care about every student and cater to each of their needs. I myself came from a large high school with over a thousand students enrolled. I found it refreshing to come here and see how close everyone was and how they helped one another. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but some of the comments i've read have just been mean and from what I can see... Very ignorant.

Posted September 28, 2004

Notre Dame is a good school. The ones who said they didn t learn anything at Notre Dame didn t tell you why. Like most schools, if you sit in class and don t pay attention you won t learn anything. I have attended St. Mary s and Notre Dame since kindergarten and I participated fully in every class and learned as much as I could. I always rank amongst the top 15% in the nation in standardized tests. In regards to the writer of the July 2004 review, its inaccuracies need to be recognized. There are college board AP classes that happen to be taught by some of the best teachers in the county. I know of many who studied and know much about Cicero and Kant. Also, in our College Board AP class we read Utopia, by Plato.

Posted September 27, 2004

Notre Dame High is a very good placed for students to get an education, we learn many things that we need to get ahead in life. As a student here I enjoy many things that most public schools can not offer. The teachers have a very good 1 on 1 relationship with us and we learn at a faster pace because of it. The smaller classes and smaller rooms make it easier to get from class to class on time. Friendship and leadership qualities are stronger and better here because we can get to know each other deeper than if there were many other people. I have been in this school system since the 3rd grade and I am soon to graduate I couldn't do it anywhere else, my friends and family are here and that is by far the best thing about this place. 'Have faith in every student!'

Posted September 27, 2004

I have attended notre dame high school and it's partner school, st. Mary's grade school, from kindergarten all the way to 12th grade. It is a great school and whoever thinks otherwise has obviously never attended. Notre dame has an excellent faculty, outstanding sports teams, a variety of a.P. Classes, and a family atmosphere. What more can you ask for in an education. Overall, notre dame is the best decision a parent could make for their child. They will gain knowledge, make lifelong friends, and have the opportunity to pray and express themselves freely, not just as an individual but as a school community. If you have a problem with that, see for yourself, don't just assume. Strong faith conquers all evils and we have the power to forgive, so take care and God bless!

Posted September 27, 2004

Explain this to me please because I reallt dont understand the students consequences for their actions. Last week 3 students were suspended from Notre Dame High for drinking alcohol in the locker rooms. All 3 were only kicked out for THREE DAYS, that's it. But last year a different student was suspended for 1 week for fighting. Is the principal at this school trying to say that she would rather have her students drink than fight or what? I dont understand it. Plus the school has been tooken over by roaches. NASTY. People(that don't have any conection with the school) DON'T understand what really goes on in that school.Go their for yourself and you will find out what ND is really about. My doctor graduated their and when she attended college, she had to take an extra year to learn what was going on b/c she didnt learn it at ND.

Posted July 25, 2004

The extremely poor academics and glaring lack of direction undermines the touted mission of this school. In every class, teachers failed to teach even the most fundamental principles essential for scholastic advancement. The curriculum matches that of the county schools, which is very poor in the first place. It claims to be a 'college preparatory school', yet the academics are devoid of rigor and of classical norms, much less philosophical depth (Not one student could recognize the persons or works of Plato, Cicero, Kant or any other of the great figures of posterity). I was most frustrated with the lack of classes (There are no College Board AP's and the faculty has an abysmally high turnover rate). 99% of graduates attend West Virginia colleges, and many have to take remedial courses. I left and am so much the better for it.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted November 5, 2003

This is a very good school to get a education. The teachers are very help for to the students or anything that they might need help on including things outside of school. The coaches make the kids fele like they want to play not that they are made to play what they might not want to.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

127 East Pike Street