Posted February 27, 2012
I have had two children at ECS. My son made the decision to change from public school and graduated from ECS. He did so much better in this Christian environment. The love and caring teachers helped him grow both in academics and in his faith. My daughter has also chosen to go to ECS. I could not ask for better teachers. The small classes and concern for each student is a complete change from public school. It is exactly like family at ECS. The principal and teachers talk with you about what is best for your child. I would suggest to anyone to place their children in this school. Two young ladies that just graduated for ECS were accepted at the WVU Veterinarian School. Very few students can get in this program and it is a great achievement for two out of the same school to be accepted.

Posted March 13, 2011
I spent my junior and senior high school years at Emmanuel. The school has no appropriate means to match students who are gifted in in the arts, sciences, and mathematics with programs that could foster those talents. The curriculum was taught as dogma, where critical and analytical thought were neglected, which is entirely non-conducive to a meaningful education.The school did not prepare me well for collegiate level studies, requiring over a year re-learning algebra, critical thought, ethics and modern scientific practice at my current university.(some 15k dollars tuition). Emmanuel was bogged down by internal politics and constant bickering between different religious factions my entire high school career, spilling over into school board and parent/teacher conferences.I wish I'd had the opportunity to study with real teachers, not video link to BJU teachers. I wish instead of being pressured to spend my time playing basketball and soccer, someone would have pressured me to explore further academic studies. Instead of indoctrinating their students with unfounded superstitions of the modern world, they should educate them to think like rational adults; they'll have to someday.

Emmanuel Christian School 0

Posted March 15, 2010
I think ECS is a wonderful school. Both of my children have went to school there all of their lives. My children love the sports programs, and the many extra-curricular activities. The school may be small, but the possibilities are huge !!!!

Posted December 01, 2009
I have had my child in private school all his life. We have tried every school around our area. Emmanuel is the best by far. They staff our like my family, you will not meet an unkind person at this school. My son is improving over the years and I owe it all to the great teachers and other staff. The school is small and thats what I love about it. I know everyone by name. Not only are the great teachers but, they are there for all the right reasons. They love God and are not afraid to show it. I thank God everyday for putting this school in my families life. They are a TRUE BLESSING!

Posted August 22, 2009

Emmanuel Christian School 0

Posted May 27, 2009
Our children have attended ECS for 8+ years, switching back from public school that they both tried individually (different years). Some parents say that sending a child to a Christian school is only sheltering them from the real world. And, to some extent...I sure hope so. At ESC, our family has experienced A+ academics, personal commitment to each child from underpaid teachers (who you know must want to be there), instilling good manners, discipline, values and morals, and the list goes on and on. So, hey...I love the fact that they are learning things that are not taught in the 'real world' anymore. I highly recommend ESC.

Posted March 08, 2009
Our children have always attended public school until moving to WV. We were unsatisfied with the public school in our area and choose to try ECS due to our straight A child refusing to go to public school another day. Our children have been attending ECS for 3 years now and love it. It is a different experience than a large public school however the trade offs are so worth it. The biggest complaint from the kids is the dress code and the strickly enforced rules. If that is all I have to worry about with school I will take it any day. In public school you have to worry about everything every other child is exposed to and sharing it with your child. I know that the families at ECS share the same values we do.

Posted October 28, 2008
This school does not live up to it's projected reputation of being a 'Christian' school. It discourages gifted learners by forcing them to repeat or even be demoted to fit the scheduling convenience of the teachers. Underachievement is rigidly enforced for such a child, basing academic placement on age and not learning potential. If it would move back to the Christian ideal of promoting individual educational growth and the value of all God's children, even the gifted ones, it could be a fine school. As it is now, it stands for underachievement and stress for children who have such potential.

Posted October 24, 2008

Posted June 12, 2008
Emmanuel is a privelage. My children used to go to public school where the classrooms are crowded and they cannot receive the proper attention. since my kids started at Emmanuel this year the have gained so much strength in Math and other vital subjects. The teachers are great! The principal is wonderful and absolutely handles any problems with the upmost attention and care. We love emmanuel and would not send our children anywhere else!

Emmanuel Christian School
1318 North 16th Street, Clarksburg, WV  26301
Last modified Emmanuel Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Emmanuel Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top