Clay County High School 1

Posted January 12, 2014
Clay High is not one of the best schools. We do not have many classes to choose from and the hallways are usually covered in squished bugs. There really needs to be improvement on the staff as well as the students for the school to be better. I also believe that the money that the school is putting towards things that do not involve education should change. Buying iPads that no one can use is useless and having flat screen 70-80" televisions are useless as well. The school also has a problem with cliques, bullying, favoritism, racism and homophobic remarks. I have a feeling by the time I graduate this year and go to college in the fall, I will have learned a lot less than other students.

Clay County High School 2

Posted October 16, 2013
Personally I don't think that Clay is that great. I have gone to Clay all my school life. I've always disliked it due to favoritism, homophobic remarks, bullying, cliches, and just the overall feeling I get being there. I don't feel safe there. No amount of safety precautions will because my issue if bullying. Start from the inside out, to be truly safe,Clay.

Clay County High School 0

Posted April 24, 2009
My kids have attended Clay County schools since they started school, I had the choice of Nicholas, Clay or Fayette and have never been disappointed. CCHS has been a wonderful experience for my son. No there aren't an abundance of extra-curricular activities, but there are things that can interest anyone. It's a small school with small classes where the teachers have time to work with each student. It's a safe school where students don't have to be in fear. I love it and am proud of my CCHS student!!

Clay County High School 4

Posted February 26, 2009
I am satisfied with the rating I've given this school. I feel with the attention given my son, especially in vo ag, has been very good. The teachers, the principal, Mr. Dobbins, the bus driver, and Mr. Caudill, have been super nice. It is very much appreciated.

Posted December 18, 2008
I am an alumni. I graduated from CCHS in 2007. I feel that the school done a wonderful job. Mr. Dobins, the principal, does a good job leading the school. All of the teachers seem to care about there students. I still regularly talk with some of my teachers, because they were friends as well as educators. This school offers a wide variety of extracurricular activities. They have various athletic teams, vocational competitions, and achedemic competitions. Now that I am attending college, I feel that CCHS prepares students as well as any school represented at my current institution of higher learning. I am in the pharmacy program. During my freshman year of college I had not been presented with any material that was not covered at CCHS. My course load included 100 level general classes as well as 300 level medical classes. Overall I feel that CCHS is a great Highschool.

Clay County High School 0

Posted April 15, 2008
I attended CCHS and felt VERY unprepared when I went to college. There was so much that I was not taught at CCHS that students from other school already knew. I wish that I had been able to attend another school that was better at preparing their college bound students. I was an A student at CCHS and struggled to pass my college classes. I guess even 'Mickey Mouse' teachers can teach the higher level classes. I feel like I have a 'Mickey Mouse' diploma from CCHS. Stay away from that school if you have any choice at all. You will be better prepared for college.

Posted October 23, 2006
- a former student
I went to school here from 3rd till 10th grade then moved to New Jersey with my family finished high school and collage there,I wish I could have stayed in scool there..bigger does not mean better..the teachers there gave me my firm foundation and skills that when I started school in New Jersey I was able to not only keep up with but was able to excell. I may not have gone as far in life other wise. Jim Stockwell

Posted July 11, 2006
Clay County High School is a wonderful school.This school takes time to talk to students and parents whenever they have a problem and takes steps to reslove the problem.they also takes time to help the children to help them understand the work given.

Clay County High School 3

Posted February 19, 2006
- a former student
As a graduated of the school, I would have to agree with the comments from July 2005 . While at CCH, I was exposed to other schools during my Junior and Senior years, and they were much more advanced in their studies than what I had been exposed to at CCH. As an A/B student I barely passed with a D at the other schools. The only thing that CCH had that the others did not was safety. I never feared from my person while at CCH. My husband and I would love for our children attend to CCH, but we also want them to have more opportunities than what we were offered while attending. With that being said I do not believe our children will go to CCH. We want them to know that there is more in the world than just the safety of the Mountains.

Clay County High School 1

Posted July 24, 2005
Clay County High School is a typical back woods educational situation. I was happy to be able to move my child to Kanawha County Schools so that they could get a more well-rounded education. Programs are limited at CCHS, scheduling is difficult, and often there is favoritism in the classroom. It is a very clickish school both in the faculty and the student body. And with any small, rural school situation, good teachers are hard to find due to lower saleries and lack of incentives. I know that my child will achieve far greater success in Kanawha County Schools. I would strongly suggest that anyone who lives in an area where they can choose which county to send their child to, they should stay away from Clay County Schools.

Clay County High School
1 Panther Dr, Clay, WV  25043
Last modified Clay County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clay County High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top