Posted February 16, 2011
Great school for academics, my daughter has learning disabilities and she has been provided some of what I feel is the best one on one teaching. With that comes my only complaint, the school needs to put in place an anti bullying program, like I said, my daughter is in special needs, she is also epileptic and the kids there constantly make fun, and bullying her. She has talked to the counselors, principal, etc. with no help. She s 11 and came home crying Monday, again, and this time she started talking about suicide!!! She s only 11 !! We are seeking outside help, and we will be talking to the school board, but you know the school board will do nothing.

Posted April 21, 2010
This school is great! My son was failing at his old school, then we moved here, he is making A'S and B's. He said the teacher's at this school don't get mad if you ask for help. His last school was awful, his old teacher's didn't want to teach them nothing. He don't want to miss school.

Sherman Elementary School 4

Posted June 04, 2008
My P-K student has done remarkably better than I thought he might. His teachers have been great with teaching him the way HE needs taught.

Sherman Elementary School 2

Posted June 02, 2008

Posted March 16, 2007
This is the best school in WV. The teachers are just great, and actually care about the students. They believe in teaching them. I have recently moved out of state, and after the new school my child is attending did I realize how great Sherman is. As for the complaints in the office area, I do agree that it isn't the best. But when it comes the the educational level, you couldn't ask for more. Thanks Sherman Elementary You are the BEST!

Posted March 01, 2007
Sherman Elementary is one of the best schools in the state. I know this because I have several hours of field experience in schools all over this, and neighboring counties. I would not send my children to any other school. The education they are receiving is 'top of the line' and the structure of the school is excellent. Safety of the students should be every school's top priority. Parents should realize this and thank them for having a tight dismissal procedure. I have been in schools that are very chaotic and the teacher's cannot be sure that every child goes where they need to go at the end of the day. I can be sure that my children and their teachers know where they go after each school day comes to an end.

Posted August 05, 2005
School is holding over 500 children, and cannot hold an assembly for the whole school at once, because the gym which is also the cafeteria is too small. It is true if you pick up your child you will be adding 15-20 minutes on there schedule, because the school will not release your child till the buses have pulled out. I also agree they need to work on making the parents feel welcomed. If you go into the office you will wait 10 minutes to get acknowledged. You cannot get through by phone, the line is always busy. Your child will learn, because starting in first grade they will send homework home 4 nights a week, which is overwhelming for a 6 year old.

Posted March 17, 2005
This is the best school in West Virginia . No exeptions! The principle is one of the best. My children are very well taught. The school is and always will be West Virginias top grade school.

Posted September 13, 2004
Sherman Elementary is a nice country school. There are several areas that could be improved. More general information for parents, with an improvement in welcoming parents at anytime. There are several disadvantages for this school the gym is very small and cannot hold all the students at one time. Getting your children on the bus is another crucial time, and once again if the parents pick up there children you will wait an extra 15-20 mninutes a day waiting for the buses to get loaded. When dismissal is at 3:52 and there not getting out till 10 after 4 this is way to long! Small classrooms with teachers holding 23-25 students at a time, equals no individualized attention for your child.

Sherman Elementary School
7487 Coal River Rd, Comfort, WV  25049
Last modified Sherman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sherman Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top