Dunbar, WV

Dunbar Intermediate Center 1

Posted November 18, 2010
Really?? I guess most people aren't seeing what I am seeing. The test scores are terrible--what is the solution? Send a billion worksheets home to study spelling. Yeah, that works. They have teachers walking around at lunch, yelling at kids who talk during the 10 minutes they have to eat. The teachers--I'm sorry--aren't very bright (taught my son Philadelphia is the capitol of PA??). Plus, there is a bullying problem.

Posted June 10, 2010
I think Dunbar Intermediate is a great school! Dunbar has a bad rap and lots of people talk bad about it but being a Dunbar native myself( I went to Roxalana) the kids really can be great when people work hard with them. Most of the teachers are really nice and helpful. My sons teachers have always been great and had great relationships with the students. Im sad my son is leaving this year because I know he wont be treated as nicely at the middle school. I especially want to thank his wonderful fifth grade teacher ms. jacob because he had such a hard time this year with different things and she helped him with such a caring heart. She really made learning fun and he came home all the time excited about what he learned! Thank you Dunbar Intermediate!

Posted May 06, 2010
Caring teachers Great staff and it's close to home.

Posted December 01, 2009

Posted February 26, 2007
Dunbar Intermediate has improved in this last year with Mrs. Plear (sp?) being the new pricipal. Mrs. Bateman is indeed a wonderful 5th grade teacher, as was commented on by one of the student reviews. The library is great, with the attention that is focused on the Accelerated Reader program, unfortunatly not enough day to day focus is placed on advanced math skills. They really need a place to play on nice days. With the space that they have a nice playground could be incorporated, but all they seem to have is a sheet of asphalt with a couple of basketball hoops.

Posted June 29, 2006
- a former student
This school is the best.I went there for fourth and fifth and now im in sixth.The trips are educational but still fun.I had the best teacher in the world mrs.Bateman.She can be strict but is still nice.Your child will like it.

Posted June 02, 2006
I Think that Dunbar Intermediate Is the best school in the world.The Teachers are great.My teacher is Mrs. Corica ,she's the best ever.

Posted March 11, 2006
best school in the valley, Betty Spence deserves credit for the extra time and care she devotes to each and every student. I know of times she has personally made sure her students have coats, clothes and or shoes to attend school.

Posted December 12, 2005
- a former student
this is a wonderful school I loved it. THey have trips in every grade like in fith you go to Flordia then in fourht you go to the Lost World Caverns, and in the third grade you go to Cosi. they have wonderful teachers and great trips. the trips cost a lot sometimes, but the principal Betty Spincer make it easy to afford. This is an awsome school your child will love it.

Posted August 26, 2005

Dunbar Intermediate Center
1330 Myers Ave, Dunbar, WV  25064
Last modified Dunbar Intermediate Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dunbar Intermediate Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top