School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The teachers are supportive and provide a variety of instructional strategies to help students learn. Great staff and many programs to reach all students.
April 18, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

The staff and students care about their school. They all work well together. They take pride in their school. Working together to beautify the outside for the public to admire and also keep it clean on the inside while displaying their achievements.

I love Elkview Middle School. There are only two teachers I like. The teachers are Mrs. Henry and Mrs Reed they are the best two teachers ever, but thank you for english miss jarrett if i didnt have u i wouldnt have my writing skills up already. I love miss henry because her first period is the best she love every kid but she loves first period the most. I just hope i dont move anytime soon.

EMS is like the worst school ever, I'm currently in 8th grade and I hate it. I cannont tell you how much I'm looking forward to high school. 7th grade was my only good year and it was only because I had Mrs. Lancaster and Mr. Bailey. They are the best teachers you will ever have. I would not recomed Elkview for any student. Most of the staff if horrible and the students are disrespectful aswell. I'm VERY dissapointed in this school educational facility.

I am very upset with the quality of education my children receive at this school and what classes they actually have to offer. Students have to repeat the same classes because the school does not have anything else to offer the students. The staff and leadership seem to be OK with mediocre instead of trying to raise the bar and challenge the kids to want to do more. It is very frustrating for me as a parent to have to fight for my kids education and they act as if they don't care.

EMS is a good school and the teachers care. Mrs henry is the best math teacher ever. Im happy to attend EMS

It would be nice if the teachers actually cared. This is my son's first year and let me tell you, it's been culture shock! He's always been on the honor roll throughout elementary school now, at Elkview Middle the teachers let them do tests over and have way too many open-book tests! He's starting to have the 'I don't have to learn this because the teacher will just give it back to me later to do over if I don't make a good grade attitude'. It's very frustrating for me to watch his attitude change so fast. I have also encountered a problem with the teachers letting them get their cell phones, Ipods, PSP's out and PLAY with them if they don't want to go over anything. I don't let my son take these things to school, but he just plays with everyone else's anyway. They also have substitutes a lot.

Last modified Elkview Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.