School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The teachers are supportive and provide a variety of instructional strategies to help students learn. Great staff and many programs to reach all students.
April 18, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted May 04, 2016
The staff and students care about their school. They all work well together. They take pride in their school. Working together to beautify the outside for the public to admire and also keep it clean on the inside while displaying their achievements.

Posted April 18, 2016
- a school leader

Posted January 04, 2013
I love Elkview Middle School. There are only two teachers I like. The teachers are Mrs. Henry and Mrs Reed they are the best two teachers ever, but thank you for english miss jarrett if i didnt have u i wouldnt have my writing skills up already. I love miss henry because her first period is the best she love every kid but she loves first period the most. I just hope i dont move anytime soon.

Elkview Middle School 1

Posted April 01, 2011
EMS is like the worst school ever, I'm currently in 8th grade and I hate it. I cannont tell you how much I'm looking forward to high school. 7th grade was my only good year and it was only because I had Mrs. Lancaster and Mr. Bailey. They are the best teachers you will ever have. I would not recomed Elkview for any student. Most of the staff if horrible and the students are disrespectful aswell. I'm VERY dissapointed in this school educational facility.

Elkview Middle School 1

Posted March 02, 2011
I am very upset with the quality of education my children receive at this school and what classes they actually have to offer. Students have to repeat the same classes because the school does not have anything else to offer the students. The staff and leadership seem to be OK with mediocre instead of trying to raise the bar and challenge the kids to want to do more. It is very frustrating for me as a parent to have to fight for my kids education and they act as if they don't care.

Posted May 11, 2010
EMS is a good school and the teachers care. Mrs henry is the best math teacher ever. Im happy to attend EMS

Posted October 22, 2009
It would be nice if the teachers actually cared. This is my son's first year and let me tell you, it's been culture shock! He's always been on the honor roll throughout elementary school now, at Elkview Middle the teachers let them do tests over and have way too many open-book tests! He's starting to have the 'I don't have to learn this because the teacher will just give it back to me later to do over if I don't make a good grade attitude'. It's very frustrating for me to watch his attitude change so fast. I have also encountered a problem with the teachers letting them get their cell phones, Ipods, PSP's out and PLAY with them if they don't want to go over anything. I don't let my son take these things to school, but he just plays with everyone else's anyway. They also have substitutes a lot.

Elkview Middle School 3

Posted May 10, 2006
Well where do I start! I am very upset over this school year my son is in the 8th grade and has had a sub all year in math and he is behind...Mind you he has always been a straight 'A' student. I have talked to the principal about the matter but got nowhere! now I am sending my son to tutoring over the summer so he won't be left behind when he enters high school....I would tell you to make sure if you are sending your child here to check out the system first....We need some change here....The math department is lacking and so is the english department in the 7th grade.

Elkview Middle School 2

Posted January 06, 2006
Hey I go to this school and I will tell you right now it's not a very good school they don't take to time to explain things to us they need to do better things then give the kids a hard time.

Posted December 05, 2005
I think EMS is a great school. The staff are friendly and most of the students are, too. All of my teachers so far have made sure that I understand the material and cover it thoroughly. I think Elkview Middle is a great place to send your kids, and it's where I'll send mine.

5090 North Elk River Rd, Elkview, WV  25071
Last modified Elkview Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.