Elkview, WV

Elkview Middle School 5

Posted January 04, 2013
I love Elkview Middle School. There are only two teachers I like. The teachers are Mrs. Henry and Mrs Reed they are the best two teachers ever, but thank you for english miss jarrett if i didnt have u i wouldnt have my writing skills up already. I love miss henry because her first period is the best she love every kid but she loves first period the most. I just hope i dont move anytime soon.

Posted April 01, 2011
EMS is like the worst school ever, I'm currently in 8th grade and I hate it. I cannont tell you how much I'm looking forward to high school. 7th grade was my only good year and it was only because I had Mrs. Lancaster and Mr. Bailey. They are the best teachers you will ever have. I would not recomed Elkview for any student. Most of the staff if horrible and the students are disrespectful aswell. I'm VERY dissapointed in this school educational facility.

Posted March 02, 2011
I am very upset with the quality of education my children receive at this school and what classes they actually have to offer. Students have to repeat the same classes because the school does not have anything else to offer the students. The staff and leadership seem to be OK with mediocre instead of trying to raise the bar and challenge the kids to want to do more. It is very frustrating for me as a parent to have to fight for my kids education and they act as if they don't care.

Posted May 11, 2010
EMS is a good school and the teachers care. Mrs henry is the best math teacher ever. Im happy to attend EMS

Posted October 22, 2009
It would be nice if the teachers actually cared. This is my son's first year and let me tell you, it's been culture shock! He's always been on the honor roll throughout elementary school now, at Elkview Middle the teachers let them do tests over and have way too many open-book tests! He's starting to have the 'I don't have to learn this because the teacher will just give it back to me later to do over if I don't make a good grade attitude'. It's very frustrating for me to watch his attitude change so fast. I have also encountered a problem with the teachers letting them get their cell phones, Ipods, PSP's out and PLAY with them if they don't want to go over anything. I don't let my son take these things to school, but he just plays with everyone else's anyway. They also have substitutes a lot.

Elkview Middle School 3

Posted May 10, 2006
Well where do I start! I am very upset over this school year my son is in the 8th grade and has had a sub all year in math and he is behind...Mind you he has always been a straight 'A' student. I have talked to the principal about the matter but got nowhere! now I am sending my son to tutoring over the summer so he won't be left behind when he enters high school....I would tell you to make sure if you are sending your child here to check out the system first....We need some change here....The math department is lacking and so is the english department in the 7th grade.

Elkview Middle School 2

Posted January 06, 2006
Hey I go to this school and I will tell you right now it's not a very good school they don't take to time to explain things to us they need to do better things then give the kids a hard time.

Elkview Middle School 5

Posted December 05, 2005
I think EMS is a great school. The staff are friendly and most of the students are, too. All of my teachers so far have made sure that I understand the material and cover it thoroughly. I think Elkview Middle is a great place to send your kids, and it's where I'll send mine.

Elkview Middle School 3

Posted August 06, 2005
We are very concerned parents when it comes to our son's education & are very stricked with him the teachers and the asst.Principle are very helpful to us with his needs. However last year was not a good year for our son he almost failed, we think it was because the class rooms are to crowded & there is not enough 1 on 1 with the teacher & student. it's the system their letting our kids fall through the cracks because their tired of dealing with them & their educational needs.

Posted March 24, 2005
Choose a different school than EMS. There are reasons I can not go into, but make a different choice for your child. Be smart.

5090 North Elk River Rd, Elkview, WV  25071
(304) 348-1947
Last modified Elkview Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elkview Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top