Posted March 07, 2013
My children have attended this school for several years and it has been a great experience for us. The staff is very caring and I feel like my kids are getting a great education.

Posted March 28, 2012
So thankful for Elk Valley CHristian School and the Godly example the faculty and staff have been to my kids. I feel like my children are getting a quality education, and most important a spiritual foundation. There is no better school around and I am thankful God has led us there.

Elk Valley Christian School 2

Posted March 23, 2012
Principal and administration are horrible this year. Principal has no compassion or interest in anything other than his agenda and the school board backs him 100%. Change is not always bad but you have to have personality and a way to get good change in. I have been a parent in this school for many years. Worse year since we started. My child hates the school but being in high school all her friends are here and she wants to stay with them.

Posted February 23, 2012
I admit that the 2011-2012 school year started out a little rocky with all of the changes. I have two children currenty at EVCS and my oldrest child came home just about every day the first month wanting to leave and go to another christian school. I admit that I did check out two other christian schools in the area. After a few weeks, things started to calm down and my oldest child even made a comment about 2 months into the school year that "this is like a real school now." That made me feel better about things. Change is something that is hard to deal with sometimes, but I really feel that the changes that were made were for the best. We love Elk Valley Christian School and pray that God will bless this school and provide the means to either build the new school building or at least build an addition onto the existing school Go Eagles!!!!

Posted December 17, 2011
I have muliple children in this school and have been here from K4 through high school. Its amazing how people can have such different oppinions concerning our school. I think our new principal has came in and restored order in the school. I believe we were going down a wrong road, and God sent us a Principal that truly cares about running a succesful school. I believe our board members have a passion for Christian education and have spent numerous hours on the phone and in meetings trying to make this school as good as it can be. The more I get to know our principal and board members, the more I realize that this is the school God has created for my family. I would also like to mention that the Pastor of Mt. Pleasant Baptist which is the final authority over the school, is one of the most Godliest men I have ever met. His knowledge and wisdom is second to none and he truly cares about people. In closing, of coarse there is negative things that happen in all situations, but I believe the team of leaders that God has put in place to serve this school have a servants heart, and truly wants whats best for the student and parents of Elk Valley Christian School.

Elk Valley Christian School 2

Posted December 05, 2011
my child has attended elk valley from k5 to high school. the teachers have been overall great. however the new administration and the school board are very unconcerned about the feelings of the parents or students about school or athletic issues. I would strongly recomend talking to the parents of recently graduated students(non church members) before enrolling your child there.

Elk Valley Christian School 1

Posted January 18, 2011
This school is very innapropiate...I get no respect when I am there...I here cussing dress code is never modest..The school is dirty staff and principal are rude

Elk Valley Christian School 4

Posted May 27, 2010
My grandchild has been at Elk Valley for a few years. I have found the teachers to be caring and involved, and the education to be above public school level.

Elk Valley Christian School 3

Posted March 08, 2010
Elk Valley has a better environment than most public schools in Kanawha County. The teachers and staff have been kind to me during my time there, and I am glad to have attended there throughout middle school and high school. Sadly, resources for college preparation are nonexistent. There is no counselor, no ACT holdings, and little advice to be given. Also, if something interferes with the schedule, the students are bewildered and in disarray. It even seems that students are closed out from what is going on in the world. Christians are to be fundamental, of course, but some students are likely to become hogwild once they graduate, thus separating them from the Biblical standards set by the Lord. However, I for one am proud to be an Eagle. I pray that these problems be resolved for future students who attend Elk Valley Christian School.

Elk Valley Christian School 1

Posted January 12, 2010

Elk Valley Christian School
58 Mt Pleasant Dr, Elkview, WV  25071
Last modified Elk Valley Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Elk Valley Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top