Marlowe Elementary School 3

Posted August 09, 2014
This school has been going through some significant changes. A few years ago this school seemed to split in half with the more senior half of the staff opening a new building. The younger staff members stayed and a new principal took over. The staff remained, for the most part, as helpful and hardworking as ever. Despite being a group of young teachers they were very effective. There is one second grade teacher that seems to take a very sarcastic tone with the students. As a parent I do not approve of this. I hope to see it stopped. The principal that took over did not have experience teaching students of this particular age level and this was evident to those parents who interacted with her. Recently there have been a lot of changes with the staff. Good teachers seem to be leaving as soon as other opportunities are available to them. I have heard that this new principal can be difficult to work for. It is my guess that this may have something to do with the staff turn over. Overall, I believe this school has some reals strengths. But with all the recent changes I am worried. I only have one student left to go through this school. For that I am thankful.

Marlowe Elementary School 2

Posted September 23, 2010
While I have encountered some wonderful teachers, like all schools, some remain lacking. The leadership of the school often fails to work as a partner with parents and acts as more of an authoritative voice with parents. Despite some wonderful qualities about the school, there is a lack of a developed curriculum for more advanced learners, as well as an unwillingness to meet the needs of these individual children. There is a low standard for achievement and once that standard is met there does not seem to be an effort to move beyond that place. In addition, recess is partially taken for disciplinary issues, which is counterproductive for young children in a primary school. This method leads to further misbehavior and academic distraction.

Marlowe Elementary School 5

Posted June 09, 2009
The staff is extremely helpful and willing to work on individualized education plans. The school also recently added extra security features and had updated classroom technology. My only complaint is that the school building itself seems to be too small for all of the children attending.

Marlowe Elementary School 4

Posted January 09, 2009
I love Marlowe Elementary. This small school is a great environment for children. To this day, when my son who is now a 7th grader, visits this school, the teachers and staff remember him by name. I found everyone to be very caring and concerned for the children there.

Marlowe Elementary School 3

Posted September 24, 2008

Marlowe Elementary School 5

Posted May 27, 2008
My son is finishing 2nd grade at Marlowe Elementary. We have had great experiences both years he has been there. He enjoys school and I have found the staff to be very helpful and very caring toward the children. We will miss Marlowe when he moves on next school year.

Marlowe Elementary School 1

Posted February 28, 2008
My daughter attended this school for only 4 months before I transferred her out. The staff is unhelpful and they are not very pleasant to children. The prinicpal is unwilling to accept that there are problems in the school and will not do anything about it.

Marlowe Elementary School 1

Posted October 19, 2004

Marlowe Elementary School 4

Posted May 30, 2004
- a former student

Marlowe Elementary School
9580 Williamsport Pk, Falling Waters, WV  25419
Last modified Marlowe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
Marlowe Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top