Bad
Good

This school is absolutely horrible. You cannot receive an education at this school. The teachers do NOT teach the students well and it really shows on their test scores. The teachers are more concerned about their paychecks than actually teaching. Also the teachers are horrible with parents. You ask them questions about your kids grades and they do not even answer it. I would not recommend this school to a dog let alone a kid.

When ever i went to this school it was like a prison and now it seems like they are making it more of one. There are some teachers that i liked there or really taught me something but thats only like 12 out of the whole school that can teach or seem to care about something else other than money, and the rules. Dumb rules like no skoles on t-shirts well there was only one teacher that was like well then we cant go to school because we have one on our head.

The so called educators that run this school do not care at all about students or teaching. They seem more concerned with paychecks or social media than the concerns of parents. This is the only school I have ever heard of that when a parent calls they cannot speak to anyone, you must leave a message and wait for someone to call you back, usually 2-3 days. All 3 of my children attended this school and the youngest had serious problems with bullies. The principals best advice was for my daughter to learn to cope with the bullies instead of dealing with the problem. I was told there was nothing I could do about the problem since TCMS is the only middle school in Taylor Co. I made the decision to put my daughter in private school and now pay $650 a month for her to get a quality education and be in the safe atmosphere that Taylor Co. Middle School could not and would not provide for her Now when I call the school, I talk to a real person that knows my daughter and also knows me on a first name basis. What a relief. I would not suggest any child attend this school if there is any way to prevent it.

I can say firsthand that this school is bad. I am actually a former student of this school(Late August 1997-June 2001). During my time there the teachers cared more about rules that made no sense like "walk on certain side of hallway", "no piercings". They did very little to nothing about the bullies which did endanger students. As for the academics, they were sub-par at best. Most of what I learned during those years was thanks to the local library and internet access ( the internet was 7th grade and on and looked for tutorials online) . Test scores were typically horrible on average because they failed to teach effectively. (still would be if they didn't change to a thing called "West Test".Even then, according to my 2nd cousin those scores are barely average) This school needs a total overhaul in policies and teaching before it can honestly be called a great school. Their science lab is excellent but the teachers rarely use it. (according to my 2nd cousins who go there that has quite possibly has gotten worse on the nonsense rules) In conclusion, I suggest if you want your child to learn, homeschool them till high school or get them extra after school tutoring or something.

the teachers care more enforcing strict rules (like walking on the correct side of the hall) than actually teaching. the terrible test score performance just proves how awful these teachers are

Last modified Taylor County Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.