Harpers Ferry, WV

Blue Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted February 18, 2014
I would like my second child to go to a different school. My first has had all A's but when I look at his work so many thing are wrong. What are the teachers grading on? I have to do more "home Schooling" to get him ready for life then this schools does. 3rd, 4th and 5th grade he never has homework, the teachers are very slow to respond to parents, the school does not do a good job at all keeping people informed. just check out their web page. . . no info on it. I have to go to other schools pages and get info about things. Its a very sad atmosphere and not happy or stimulating.

Blue Ridge Elementary School 3

Posted August 28, 2013
The test scores are lower than the state average. It seems with the amount of honor roll students the scores should have been higher. I'm wondering if they are challenging the students.

Blue Ridge Elementary School 0

Posted August 30, 2009
Not having junk food is a state regulation, not a school based one. If other classes or schools in the county are serving these things, they are probably not following the state mandate.The last few years, the kids went outside for most of the winter due to how mild they have been. I'm unsure what happened, but I can't believe that children are not allowed to ask questions. I don't think it is appropriate to make a blaket statement like that. Another issue that pops up a lot is parental involvement. Who ever said that parents had to be at school? My job is to make sure my kids know what they need to know at home, in order to be ready for school, and to follow up with educational and dicsiplinary decisions. Let the professionals do their job. Mine are no longer there, but I loved Blue Ridge!

Blue Ridge Elementary School 5

Posted February 05, 2008

Blue Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted August 19, 2004
I think over all, this is a pretty good school. One of the better ones that my kids have attended(5 in all, ex-military). They are not very parent friendly though and that bothers me alittle. I think the principal is a good one and cares about the kids.

Blue Ridge Elementary School
18866 Charles Town Rd, Harpers Ferry, WV  25425
Last modified Blue Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blue Ridge Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top