Harpers Ferry, WV

Posted August 11, 2012
My child attended Shipley and it literally changed his life. The staff holds the students responsible for their behavior, which in turn makes them responsible . Of course every school has certain teachers that are not effective,but my child was lucky enough not to have any of those teachers.

Posted July 19, 2012
Mr Osborne is the best Principal I ever met. He cares for every child and not only a great educator but a fair and honest man. His staff and teachers obviously follow his example. Our son has attended this school for 5 years and we love it.

C. W. Shipley Elementary School 2

Posted May 09, 2012
So far I am not impressed with the 1st & 2nd grade teachers my child has had with C.W.S. Both teachers did not respond to emails or letters. 1st grade teacher would only communicate during a few parent teacher conferences on the progress of my child. When I had concerns about the progress I was told my child was mastering all subjects. I learned in 2nd grade that my child was behind in some of the subject due to the 1st grade teacher s lack of teaching the correct material. 2nd grade teacher communicated better but offered no solutions in helping my child progress. I had to make several requests to ensure that my child receive the help needed to master all the subjects. Thankfully I have a family of teachers who gave me tools to help my child progress and master the subjects that my child once was behind in. I have heard that the 3rd, 4th and 5th grade teachers are great and I am hoping that next year will be a VAST improvement and experience for us.

C. W. Shipley Elementary School 0

Posted May 20, 2010
Fantastic, friendly, involved principal!! Great group of teachers! High Westest scores!

Posted May 20, 2010
C. W. Shipley is a wonderful school. The principal, faculty and staff are all dedicated to their jobs and are there for the students at all times. They go above and beyond what is required of them to make their school the place where learning is fun. Test scores are outstanding!

C. W. Shipley Elementary School 0

Posted May 20, 2010
Both of my children attended C.W. Shipley, from Kindergarten through 5th grade. The teachers are amazing, the staff is wonderful, and the principal is so loved by the children. THis is a school that works with you and your child, not against, developing a true partnership in the education of all children.

Posted July 23, 2007

Posted April 13, 2007

Posted September 21, 2004
my oldest son has attended 1st, 2nd and now 3rd grade at shipley. My 5 yr old has started kindergarten. I have nothing but positive comments about this school. The principle Mr. Osbourne is amazing and fantastic with all the children. He knows just about every childs name in the school by the end of the year. The children are treated as individuals there not just a face in the crowd. All schools and staff are wonderful anywhere in the country. The teaching needs to begin and continue at home. The parents need to participate in their childs education. I reccomend this scholl to any new family coming into the area.

C. W. Shipley Elementary School
652 Shipley School Rd, Harpers Ferry, WV  25425
Last modified C. W. Shipley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
C. W. Shipley Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top