Posted July 22, 2014
I have two kids that went through this school. My oldest son actually sat out his first grade because they put him in a classroom with a teacher who was older than father time and you could tell disliked teaching. She was mean and not fun at all and that is awful for a first grader. He cried everyday I dropped him off until I didn't anymore. When we tried again the following year, he got a much better teacher whom I can't rave about anymore than I do. I loved her. She was fun and made learning exciting for my son. My second son is special needs and requires special education. While my son isn't autistic, he spent a great deal of time in the autism classroom and it really helped him socially. However, I saw no improvement in his speech from his speech therapist and he didnt get as much occupational therapy as I would of liked. I complained a bit. Well, time for 1st grade rolls around and I felt like they just got tired of dealing with me and told me they couldn't give my son services any longer, that they no longer had the resources for him and that they wanted him to take a 45 min bus ride to another school for services. I'm disgusted and moving to VA for better schools.

Posted July 22, 2014
The student to teacher ratio is outrageous. The classrooms are packed. The teachers are really hit or miss. Their PRIDE program is disgusting. They get written up and punished if the parent forgets to sign the all-mighty planner. They each lunch like prisoners, not allowed to talk to each other. If they do, they shut the lights off. This is not a school you want to send your kid to if you love them.

Hedgesville Elementary School 4

Posted April 18, 2014
I have three children, all have either attended or are currently attending Hedgesville Elementary School. My children have had some exceptional teachers and staff over the years. However, I have had to deal with a few disapointing teachers too. I have had issues with a few of the administrations policies. Over all the school is okay, obviously if I still have children attending lol.

Posted October 26, 2013
Terrible experience!! My son had Mrs. Murphy and she did not care about the well being of the children. She gave the kids at least 10 worksheets a day. I will make sure my other children will not be getting her!

Posted April 04, 2011
My son attended Hedgesville Elementary for two years. It is truly the BEST elementary school!! The principal makes you feel special from the moment you step into the school. The teachers are great at teaching children, if extra help is needed, they have programs to help. I am going to miss not having my child attending Hedgesville, it s been an absolute pleasure knowing everyone that has enriched my child s learning. I wish all schools could be like Hedgesville Elementary!!

Posted December 20, 2008
My children have had a wonderful experience at Hedgesville Elementary. Their teachers and the principal are amazing!

Posted July 26, 2008
great school and very friendly

Hedgesville Elementary School 4

Posted April 17, 2008

Posted May 30, 2007
My child had an excellent Kindergarten year. She has learned a lot and I believe that it is due to the quality leadership at the school. I was extremely pleased with all aspects of the school.

Hedgesville Elementary School
88 School House Dr, Hedgesville, WV  25427
Last modified Hedgesville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
Hedgesville Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top