Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted February 26, 2016
I've had 3 children graduate from HHS and one more who is a junior this year. I've never had a single negative experience with any teachers or administration. We have had many issues arise with our kids and the school has handled them all with grace and worked hard to make sure my kids get the best possible education and genuine care. I'm so thankful we have such an amazing school system with awesome teachers!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted February 26, 2016
I cannot say enough positive things about every teacher and teachers aide my kids have had, they are dedicated and have always been excellent to me and my children.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted February 26, 2016
With 4 kids I've seen lots of homework and no homework, depends on the class difficulty and student level. I've never had to complain about too much homework, my kids were very rarely overwhelmed with homework.

Posted November 24, 2009
I am so impressed with Hedgesville High! The administration is wonderful. They care and have made the tranistion from middle to high school wonderful for us. We recently had an incident where my son was late for a class because of having to go through the crowded lunch room to attend a class in a portable. I called to talk with the vice prinicipal about it and she was so very understanding and nice. She offered to walk with him to see if there was a better route for him to go on . There was - it was longer but quicker because he did not have to fight the lunch crowds. Problem solved! I think that is great she took the time to help us with this problem.

Posted September 17, 2009
Both Eileen and Max are doing wonderfully at the high school. I am very pleased with the high school and its teachers.

Posted June 04, 2009
Just wanted to respond the the first parent's criticism of Hedgesville High School. It is not the school's responsibility to make sure your son isn't allowed to fail, it is his responsibility and YOUR responsibility. I am a substitute teacher in Berekely County and I know what some of the teachers have to put up with in the schools. I have had a problem with one or two teachers during her high school career, she will be a senior in the fall. The school has so many clubs for kids to get involved in and sports alike. There are plays and activities going on all the time. You get out of school what you put into it. Maybe it's not the school, it's your son.

Posted February 17, 2009
My son is in his 3rd year of HS at Hedgesville. It has been a nightmare, even though this school is supposed to be one of the best in WV. Despite my efforts, instructors choose not to communicate. My son is being allowed to fail, with no accountability on the part of the school, which is unacceptable to me. It amazes me that OK is good enough for Hedgesville High School. As long as he get a D in the class, he is fine, he'll pass and they can get rid of him. There are no exemplary measures for the students to live up to. Getting by is the way of life. It's unfortunate that there are no alternatives (charter schools) for parents without the $$ to send their kids to private school. I'm want to pull him out & test for his GED so I can be done with them

Posted December 11, 2008
I've been attending HHS for about two (2) years now and I must admit that it is an amazing school. It'll be a shame when I leave... -sniffles-

Hedgesville High School 1

Posted March 20, 2008
I attended this school for 3 years after moving to the area from baltimore, after going to inner city schools growing up, i must say that i recieved a better education in them than i did here. at the same time i felt this school to be more hostile then any of the schools i previously went to. the staff doesnt like people who ask questions or view life from another stand point other than a typical white christian. i fought my way through school for 3 years until they kicked me out durring my senior year, while i had a 3.8 gpa. they favor sports players above any other students, and they will let thoose kids especialy the football players, regardless of how bad the team is, do whatever they want and let them get away with it. this was the worst school i ever attended.

Hedgesville High School 3

Posted September 04, 2007
My son attended Hedgesville High School, graduating 2 years ago and now attends a major university doing quite well. However i do not give this credit to Hedgesville High but to parental guidance and involvement. Hedgesville High did nothing to help him prepare for college. Everytime he walked in to the office to get information, he was told to come back or leave his name and they counselor would call him which never occurred. I tried calling the school and even made a few visits just to be told 'everything was sent home with your son' but it was not. Please parents, stay involved with your kids as they attend Hedgesville High.

109 Ridge Rd North, Hedgesville, WV  25427
Last modified Hedgesville High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.