Huntington, WV

Central City Elementary School 2

Posted July 10, 2012
A year late, But also watched the show with Jamie. What a bunch of backwards-rednecks the administration is. A student is only as smart as the teacher is. What a shame for this school.

Central City Elementary School 2

Posted October 16, 2011
I was watching Jamie Oliver this evening and I was truly gobsmacked at the attitude of the cooks at central City Elementary School but more angry at the attitude of the Head teacher when Jamie suggested the children using knifes and forks! A school is supposed to enable children to gain new skills and not to try and stunt their growth! I live in the UK and children are encouraged to develop their social skills from an early age. I can't believe the staff at this school would not try to encourage their children or grandchildren to develop these basic skills and so should encourage the children they work with! As one of the reviewers stated if the cooks wont change , finds sone cooks that are willing to embrace change!!!!!

Central City Elementary School 3

Posted April 04, 2011
To the individual who is upset that their comment was erased. Wake up would you! There is no school system that controls what is brought into our schools. Your problem should not be with a cook, a principal, or even the board of education. The problem is due to our government not putting enough money into lunch reimbursements. You need to send your opinions to the feds and support your school system. I am really tired to hear individuals, such as yourself, blast public school when it is the federal governments and state governments that control what we do and how we do things. Get off the band wagon, Jamie provided insight to many in our community about making better choices. Also, you have to realize that it was a reality show and they simply could not produce a program of what really occurs in the public school system. Jamie's mission was to make us aware of our school lunch programs and the processed foods that are flooding the system. You need to take a stand and tell your school system you want a change in the school lunch program. I know, because I was there and it's beyond one person's control. Change only occurs when pressure is applied.

Posted April 02, 2011
EXCUSE ME....why was MY OPINION taken off.I wont go asy and if you disagree, lets hear it. Again, the ignorance of the schoolboard,principal and LUNCH LADIES, are making the children in the town SICK.For one of the most obese states in the country, you figure you would like to learn how to be healthy what i see instead is laziness and ignorance, start thinking about the generation of children who will be running this country instead of how tired you are of cooking. The lunch ladies looked at the fresh food like Mr. Oliver was trying to poison them unlike the truth which is what they are doing. Go ahead,erase me again BUT i have the right to my opinion and Im NOT GOING AWAY!

Central City Elementary School 0

Posted April 02, 2010
its time to make a change in the kitchen staff if their not willing to make a change in the food

Posted March 04, 2009

Central City Elementary School 4

Posted August 14, 2008

Posted May 27, 2008

Posted May 18, 2008
I think this school could be a lot better, my child has been there 3 years, the first two years were ok but this year has been awful. I receive no info from the teacher about my child other than a report card. The teacher seems to not know how to control her class, my child is picked on along with other students in the class. I will be looking to move my child to a new scool next scool year.

Central City Elementary School 5

Posted September 27, 2007
They have wonder programs at CCE. The have fun nights that are fun but also get the children learning without even realizing it. And they really encourage parent involvement. My son loves the music, art, and gym along with computers and library. It's a great school.

Central City Elementary School
2100 Washington Ave, Huntington, WV  25704
Last modified Central City Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central City Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top