Huntington, WV
Before care: Yes

Posted June 10, 2014
This is so much more than just a great educational institution...it' provides children and families with a warm, caring community!

Our Lady of Fatima Parish School 2

Posted August 09, 2011
Most overrated school in Huntington. My child's first year here was a total nightmare, within two weeks of starting school they succumbed to crying spells every morning at the thought of attending. I initially thought it was only my child, but after speaking with other parents I realized my child was not the only one. Enrollment here is always low for a reason, don't let them tell you otherwise. If want a Catholic education go to St. Joe's, I know several parents whose children were having 'problems' at Fatima, transfer to St. Joe's only to have said "problems" vanish. Or just save your money and go public.

Posted February 11, 2011
Great school with an awesome academic program, and caring involved teachers. The staff is attentive to both student and parent needs. The school also participates in state and community athletic programs. The weekly mass for the kids is wonderful with the students filling the roles from reading to altar serving. The school is also attentive to the needs of special needs children, helping them to fit in perform with the rest of their peers. It is a Catholic School, but please do not let that discourage you at all, Our Lady of Fatima Parish School does not teach or condone religious prejudiced. Students of many faiths may be found at OLOF, studying and learning together.

Posted February 10, 2011
The school mission statement sums up my feelings about this wonderful school. "Our Lady of Fatima Parish School, where faith, learning and service have no limits." My 6 children attend this academic institution. The school welcomes children of all faiths. Prejudice and religious intolerance are not allowed. Everyone prays together, from the little tiny ones with their prayers for a sick dog to the middle school students with prayers about the uncertainty of growing up. Spanish is taught in preschool. There is an outstanding band program from 4th to 8th grades, but the love of music is taught beginning in preschool. A "first you, then me" attitude is fostered in all the grades. Community service is required for the older students. But, it is a beautiful thing to see the younger grades offering their time and talents to help the poor in the community. Many of the staff are alumni of the school, which speaks volumes. Electives such as, Introduction to Modern Medicine, Guitar, Culinary Skills, Public Speaking, and Theater are offered to the middle school, another bonus you will not find at any grade/middle school in the state of WV.

Our Lady of Fatima Parish School 0

Posted May 05, 2010
father jim and the stff put their hearts into the childs education.

Posted December 21, 2009
I now have two children at this school and it's fantastic. The teachers and staff are all very involved with the students as well as the parents. I always feel welcome in the school!

Posted May 20, 2009
No matter what measure you use, test scores, teacher qualifications or programs, OLOF is far and away the best school in the Tri-State. Cliques and bullying are dealt with immediately so that every child feels special. Discipline is fairly enforced and high standards are set.

Posted June 03, 2005
Our Lady of Fatima Parish School is the finest school in West Virginia. The faculty and parent involvement is like at no school I have been affiliated with. The Christ-centered Catholic curriculum is terrific. And the excellent technology program is the most advanced in the state. Every teacher in the school has a notebook computer and in every classroom is a projector and an interactive Smart Board. The entire campus is wireless, plus they are integrating the technology into the curriculum in many ways. The middle school science is using virtual technology to teach concepts such as DNA and bioscience that would only be available in a research university. Implementation of electronic grading system that connects to an internet-based information school system keeps parent communication open. A weather station connected to the internet which transmits data worldwide. Fatima is a jewel of academics that promotes life-long learning, in a Christ-centered environment.

Our Lady of Fatima Parish School
535 Norway Avenue, Huntington, WV  25705
Last modified Our Lady of Fatima Parish School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady of Fatima Parish School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top