Bad
Good

I've worked at several schools in the county and Highlawn is by far the BEST! The principal and staff are warm and welcoming and most of all they make kids their number one priority!

My son absolutely loved going to Highlawn. The teachers and staff are very personal and have the best intentions for each and every individual child. I would highly recommend this school to every parent looking for an excellent elementary education!!

I have had 4 kids go through Highlawn and the great education they received from this school helped them all to excel through high school and college.

Great school, great students and great teachers! Our family loves Highlawn Elementary and the Highlawn Community in Huntington, WV.

Our family has been blessed to be a part of Highlawn Elementary for many years. We have a child who has graduated from college, a child in their last year of college, and a child who is attending Highlawn Elementary. All three children have been a part of Highlawn since kindergarten. You will not find more kind, nurturing, or dedicated teachers.The learning environment at the school is positive and student focused. We are very pleased that our children have attended a school that found teachable moments to make learning fun and interesting.

I am a proud parent of a Highlawn Huskie graduate. I volunteered there for many years and saw first hand what a wonderful school Highlawn was. Parents were always welcome. The teachers treated the students like family. Teachers were always gracious and provided for students whose parents did not. My son had a great experience at Highlawn and still loves that school to this day. He is now a deans list junior at Marshall University majoring in chemistry and his early education started at Highlawn. I love the school, the teachers and staff!!!

Our School is an exceptional school with exceptional teachers, they are the most caring, loving, nurturing teachers I have ever had the privilege to meet. My boys both loved their school and all of their teachers and principal Our school Highlawn Elementary is an exceptional school with exceptional teachers, they are some of the most caring, loving, nurturing teachers I have ever had the privilege to meet. My boys both loved going to school there and they both received and still are receiving a wonderful education.

Highlawn Elementary is a wonderful school. The school's mission is to meet the needs of every student. The principal, teachers and the staff focus on providing the educational, emotional, and nutritional needs of the students. Highlawn is dedicated to the success of every student. Enroll at Highlawn and your child will be given excellent opportunities for learning!

Our school is welcoming and inviting. All the staff work together to provide a safe and nurturing environment for students, parents, school staff, and visitors. The community supports our efforts with their participation in PTO, fund raisers, and programs for our students. It is a wonderful place to work.

This school is wonderful. I have loved my time here and have learned so much from the other teachers who immediately made me feel welcome. This is a school filled with teachers who care about each other and every student, whether they are in their class or not. The principal is very hard working and treats students and staff with respect and kindness. I am blessed to be a part of Highlawn.

Last modified Highlawn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.