Posted November 15, 2013
Exceptional school...outstanding principal..and most caring teachers found anywhere.they all go out of their way to make each child feel special..and a lot of them give a lot if their own time forextra school activities..my boys loved their teachers and this school...

Posted April 24, 2013
highlawn elementary : this school is only good if your child is without a disability, I have a child with special needs and rather than her teachers try to work with us; they look for the tiniest of faults with my daughter and immediately call cps on you @ the drop of a hat !, how ever i'm sure for other families this may not be the case. the prinicipal is a sort of take it or leave it person some like her others do not. they certainly could work on how they conduct things. and it is totally unprofessional for them to discuss their private family matters with everybody, if its not school related leave ur personal life @ home. this is why I personally am taking my child to another school ! ---frustrated parent

Posted May 22, 2012
This is a wonderful school with great teachers and staff.I have been a student and my two children over the years. Now a new third generation has started at Highlawn and my niece and nephew have had great teachers and the teachers and staff have been a great support in some personal issues for their family over the last three years. Thank you all at Highlawn and keep up the great work

Highlawn Elementary School 2

Posted November 21, 2011
When I transferred to this school from Meadows Elementary, I was shunned and more or less tormented by my teacher for trivial things like not having my assignment book signed. It was a cold place. It didn't seem like a place for a child to be, and the children there seemed to reflect that. Hopefully it's changed by now, though...

Highlawn Elementary School 0

Posted April 16, 2010
My daughter has been going there for two years now and i have found the teachers to be exceptional. And with the assistance of jamie oliver, the lunch system is gaining ground in leaps and bounds to not only teach our children how to eat better, but how to be healthier in general! go highlawn! go huntington! and go jamie oliver!!!

Posted October 14, 2009
This school has poor leadership. the bldg is old. The teachers are non caring. Poor parent/school relations.

Highlawn Elementary School 4

Posted October 03, 2009
I love the plays and the school activities. They always have a great pta.

Posted January 07, 2009
Excellent teachers and staff. Keep up the great work!

Posted November 27, 2008
We moved to Huntington in Sept. '08. I'm not sure if its because we came from a rural community or because my children are special needs but I feel something off at this school and I really hope that its not at every school in this county.

Highlawn Elementary School 0

Posted November 04, 2008
I love this school very much, everyone truly cares about the kids. I especially appreciate the principal Robin Harmon, it's wonderful how she has so much personal involvement with each and every child!!

Highlawn Elementary School
2549 1st Ave, Huntington, WV  25703
Last modified Highlawn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highlawn Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top