Hurricane, WV

Hurricane Town Elementary School 5

Posted May 09, 2010

Hurricane Town Elementary School 5

Posted March 28, 2008
I love the school. We are needing a bigger home, and I am trying to find something so that I can stay in this wonderful school! My duaghter never attended pre school, and is now in 2nd grade she and I love it. All the teachers are wonderful. I feel like the children are challenged well, and up to speed with other schools. My move will be based on staying in the area.

Hurricane Town Elementary School 4

Posted August 27, 2007

Hurricane Town Elementary School 4

Posted March 23, 2007
I currently have a daughter attending HTE. We moved here November of her Kindergarten year. The phonics system and handwriting style were different from her school in NC, so it was a hard adjustment. However, her teacher was wonderful and had her caught up rather quickly. She also needed speech therapy which was not a problem to get her enrolled with a wonderful speech therapist at the school. She is finishing first grad with all A's and B's and has been released from speech. Overall I have been very pleased with her education. It is a smaller school which is nice that it is not overwhelming for the students or the teachers/administrators. They have gym 2-3 times a week, music twice a week, library and computer lab. I do wish they had an art class. Parents are encouraged to volunteer at the school. Prinicipal was adminstrator of the year in 2006.

Hurricane Town Elementary School 0

Posted August 25, 2003
I have a daughter currently enrolled. Up to this point she has not been academically challenged. The teachers do try to keep you informed as to your child's progress but this is not a school for children who need a more advanced curriculum.

Hurricane Town Elementary School
300 Harbour Ln, Hurricane, WV  25526
Last modified Hurricane Town Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hurricane Town Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top