Hurricane Middle School 3

Posted December 11, 2012
I agree with the parent who gave the school 1 star. There are exceptional teachers at this school, however there are others who are just going through the motions. My child has been demeaned by a teacher and has heard other students demeaned by the same and other teachers. My student has a teacher who loses student's work on her extremely messy desk and rolls around the room in her chair to teach. This same teacher mispronounces common words and grades my child's accurate homework as incorrect. The parking and drop off at the school is probably the worst I have ever seen. Dangerous to the students and a huge time delay to the community.

Hurricane Middle School 1

Posted October 10, 2012
Sixth grade teachers are extremely demeaning towards students. I've heard this from students and parent volunteers. Drop off and pick up are so unorganized with no traffic pattern. Very chaotic. Kids all over road. I've heard seventh and eight grade are great so well try to make it through this year.

Posted January 23, 2010
It has a wonderful staff and great academic learning! With great students!

Posted August 22, 2009
HMS is a great school with fantastic and dedicated teachers. My children have teachers that demonstrate high expectations and they put huge effort into making learning engaging.

Posted October 28, 2008
This was a vey good school. I never had any problems at Hurricane Middle School. I loved the teachers and the students. I love Hurricane Middle School.

Hurricane Middle School 4

Posted September 11, 2008
I have been impressed with most teachers at this school. The math department is excellent--math field day proves their success!

Hurricane Middle School 4

Posted April 13, 2008
I was a student teacher in this school for an 8 wk period in the 6th grade. I am appalled at the negative comments regarding this school system. Putnam County is a wonderful place to teach as well as for students to attend. Having been in other counties, I assure you that this school has much better facilities, instructors, technology, funding, administration, and student body than other districts. Students were extremely involved, eager, engaged, and well-behaved. It is obvious that they come from good homes where education is important. As far as activities, all grades compete in intramural games every day, each homeroom competing about once a week. There are multiple clubs and organizations students are encouraged to join. Overall, this school system is a wonderful place to send your children. (And 'decent' doesn't have an 's')

Hurricane Middle School 1

Posted March 02, 2008
terrible organization, no principle leadership, descent teachers, very few activities, very few parent involvement. the school does not keep students and parents updated.The kids get to have zero fun.

Hurricane Middle School 3

Posted January 14, 2008
This school does not allow cursing! If any one curses, they are automatically given lunch detintion. Also, 6th graders are not devided. All of us are together in the hallways during the last 2 periods. We also have homework , and essays, and projects. It's just an averege school that has all the things a school needs.

Hurricane Middle School 5

Posted August 30, 2007

Hurricane Middle School
518 Midland Trail, Hurricane, WV  25526
Last modified Hurricane Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hurricane Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top