Kearneysville, WV
Before care: Yes

Posted April 21, 2013
It is no longer "Country Day School" - it is "Jefferson Academy". There simply is no better school in the area - hands down. It is under new ownership but continues to bring top knotch education to their students. Not only do the teachers deeply care and go the extra mile, the staff, administrators and families all feel a sense of community together to education our children and teach kindness and respect to others. The tuition is VERY reasonable and worth every penny. My child has been there since their Smart Start program (3 years old) and was reading at 4. She has cultivated wonderful friendships and it feels like all of us are one big family. The school only has 30-ish kids but is growing. I personally like the small individualized attention my children are getting. My kindergarten is 1 of 10. My 3 year old is 1 of 5. I can't say enough about this school - we have loved our past 3 years!!

The Country Day School 4

Posted August 20, 2012
We loved Country Day School and were sadden to hear of the closing. But now it will be The Jefferson Academy with most of the same teachers and we are thrilled. Our daughter will be in Ms Ahmed's class and we are so excited! She attended since she was 3yrs old and is already reading at a 2nd grade level! I hope more people check out this school because it is wonderful how the teachers interact with the students and keep the parents informed.

Posted December 20, 2011
This school is superior in its ability to motivate, educate and inspire my child. The cost for the 3 and 4 year old preschool program is no more than normal daycare cost...but our educational benefits far outreach any daycare facility. My child was able to read small words at 3 1/2 years old. (She started at exactly 3 years.) Now at 4 years old, she's reading short sentence books. Unbelievable! The teachers care for their students and work in partnership with the parents. We feel like we are part of a family unit with this school. We look forward to a long relationship with Country Day School.

Posted July 15, 2011
I wish we had found this school earlier. A great school. A little expensive, but worth it. We feel the academic program is challenging and yet can be fun and exciting for our child. We find the school is way above West Virginia standards of education. We have also found the teachers dedication to the students to be impressive! They really are there for the kids. We have found the administrative staff always willing to listen to our thoughts and concerns. My only concern is that they only go the 8th grade. I cannot imagine what I will do then? I could not recommend a better school for any parent.

Posted April 08, 2011
This our 3rd year at CDS with two kids and the school is great. CDS is an excellent value for money and nothing short of an awesome place for kids to have a strong foundation in their early years. The sincerity and dedication of the Principal Ms. Steeley is unparalleled and skills, enthusiasm, professionalism of teachers is taking CDS to new highs. My younger one is attending Sr. KG and Mrs. Ahmed is awesome. Her ability to connect with her students and her talent at teaching simple concepts, as well as more advanced kids topics, are both truly superior. My older one attends Grade2 and it is amazing to see the teachers have created a student-centered classroom enviroment where active learning takes place. Not to mention the school is at top on technology also.

Posted October 01, 2010
My daughter is in her third year at CDS. We love CDS. The teachers are wonderful and they challenge each student to excel in all subjects and to have respect for their peers. It has been a rewarding experience.

Posted September 19, 2010
This is my daughter's second year at CDS, and she loves it. Her teachers been excellent, and committed to allowing her excel academically, even when that has required a group effort. Instead of forcing me to skip her grades ahead when it was evident she wasn't being challenged (and ahead of her social group) they have worked to challenge her well above grade level in their own classrooms, even when it meant purchasing additional years of curriculum or swapping resources with older grades. We couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Posted July 23, 2010
If you are looking for a safe, nurturing learning environment. Country Day School is the place to be,.. it's like a home away from home for my son. Classes are small, and the kids get a lot of individual attention and can learn at their own pace. By 1st grade, my child was reading at least 2 grades above ( public school level). You can look, but you are just not gonna find a better school.

The Country Day School 2

Posted June 22, 2010
CDS has potential, however, things are not what they appear on the surface. Too much gossiping and politics.

Posted May 23, 2010
C.D.S is a home away from home for my children. All of the teachers know each child personally and are a part of their growth. I am a firm believer that our children thrive in this school, and will continue to grow to be kind, thoughtful, intellectual, and respectful adults! I will continue to support the faculty and staff, as well as the students, in keeping our school the safe, exciting learning environment that it is!! I am also looking forward to the innovative new head of school coming to CDS. Sadly it seems some of the comments made on this site are by parents that do not care for their children, but only for the selfish needs of themselves. If these angry adults would focus their energy on their own families, and not on the destruction of CDS, they will see how much this school has positively influenced so many!

The Country Day School
449 Rose Hill Drive, Kearneysville, WV  25430
Last modified The Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-7
The Country Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top