Bad
Good

Both of my sons attended Buffalo Middle School with my youngest son currently being in 8th grade. Both of my children had wonderful experiences at this school. We, as both students and parents, have always found the staff, from the principal to the secretary in the office to the counselor to the teachers, to be very approachable and genuinely want what is best for kids. The education received by my children has been top notch with both scoring consistently high on both local tests and those that are national tests like the ACT-Explore test. I give Buffalo Middle my highest rating. We couldn't be more pleased!

My daughter attended all three years 2011-June 2014. The Orchestra teacher and program is amazing. Core classes struggle with some very, very poor teachers in addition to some great ones. Overall, the issue I have is that administration has not dealt with the poor teachers, and they are numerous and known by reputation. Also, many, many teachers use tactics of "calling out" and embarassing kids in front of their peers....this is very upsetting and inappropriate. My daughter told me many stories that upset her of teachers embarassing kids in front of the class. This is also a HUGE school and your child will need to be able to fend for him/herself...there is no hand holding or attention to areas of struggle without strong parent involvement. I am sending my son to a different middle school.

The principle is unprofessional and the counselor is very rude all the time. They have a big problem with bullying and the teachers and staff do nothing to prevent it. The faculty plays favorites big time. The bus drivers all seem to hate kids. Overall there is nothing good to say about this school.

big,clean,good assistance and teacher wise helpful!

I'm in 7th grade at BMS in my opinion it is a great school. The teachers are very helpful and our principal is the BEST. What I've learned so far at BMS is going to help me through later years. The only thing I wish we had is a keyboarding class like my brother had here. I'm a slow typer! :) But over all it is a great school. I have a 4.00 GPA and got exellent scores on the WESTTEST.

Last modified Buffalo Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.