Bad
Good

At first I was excited to come to a new school that could provide a new start for me. Within a matter of months, however, that quickly changed. The teachers seemed great to me at first and I actually enjoyed the time I spent in their class for a while. But eventually, I saw that most teachers were egotistical and/or uncaring about your feelings. Not all teachers mind you, but I would always get at least two or more a semester that acted like this. I have a social disability called Asperger's Syndrome that makes in difficult to engage in activities that involved communication or group work. Despite this, some teachers would still try to make me talk in an uncomfortable position. They aren't willing to compromise for the students that really need it and it has made my experience at this high school feel bitter. My parents would often have to feud with the teachers, because they just would not want to deal with me. At least one positive thing I have to say is that the school is very modern. There are so many different classes and sports you can take up there. I personally haven't tried most of them, but I can definitely say that there is a noticeable variety.

The teachers must be doing something right, because my daughter was awarded the promise scholarship for good grades!

Keyser High School has some really great teachers who care about their students, however they also have some teachers who care only about getting students out of their hair. 'One less student to deal with.' Giving students detention or suspending students for helping others when the teacher does not offer to help is ridiculous. Another problem is that the school does not have enough books for students in some classes and to many for students in other classes, this is helping students fail. Giving homework to children who are not allowed to take books out of classrooms because there are not enough books, when the student does not have the work done and explains that they were not able to take a book home to complete it the teachers tell them they need to work faster. All children do not work at the same pace, these issues need to be fixed.

I loved my time at Keyser High School and am proud to call Keyser my home town. The teachers and coaches are great! Very supportive in every student to ensure they are given the best opportunities available.

I loved my time at Keyser High School. The teachers are great and really do know what they're talking about. I'm in college right now, and what I'm doing in my classes is an overview of what I learned my senior year! It's awesome!

Last modified Keyser High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.