Lewisburg, WV
Students enrolled: 1,163

Posted June 20, 2014
The whole staff are amazing, and I've meet the head principal face to face, and he is an excellent person for running a school, but I rate this establishment a 2 star because most of the student body, have a bullying issue, and the counselors at this school don't really care about the well being of us (I'm a student enrolled here, and sadly I'll be here as a sophomore in August). This is a very good school, if you just enroll your child here to learn and probably be teased and picked on, oh yea, and a chewing tobacco trend is going on too, you could literally put a "chew" in right in front of a security guard, and they still wouldn't care.

Posted January 12, 2011
The Greenbrier East Highschool staff are really hard working and enthusiastic who do their best to flourish and thrive the future of our beloved ones. I do really appreciate their effort.

Posted October 21, 2010
GEHS is an excellent college preparatory school that has produced academic scholars and professional athletes alike. Several of my fellow GEHS classmates graduated from UVA, Smith, and USNA to name a few. I received an MBA from the University of Richmond. I highly recommend GEHS to prospective students and their parents. GEHS provides a quality, public education with that private school experience.

Posted May 04, 2010
I graduated from East several years ago and I dreaded going to this school for several reasons. The grading scale was unfair and if one wanted an A, he or she had to get a 94 or better just to obtain that goal. This grading scale can be tough on students who struggle with school work and tests. The school days at East ended at 3:20 and I got home around 4:00 with a load of homework. I had to devote the majority of my free time to completing the most inane homework assignments and I did not have time for a part time job after school. All in all, I would not recommend this school if you have a child that struggles with schoolwork or if you have a child that likes to work after school or get involved in extra curricular activities.

Posted March 02, 2010
i think east is a good school. it has change a lot sence i finshed there it was a great school them .i have been back 1 time sence them

Greenbrier East High School 1

Posted July 18, 2009

Greenbrier East High School 3

Posted January 25, 2009
I attended this school a few years ago. At the time my graduating class was the largest to have ever gone through the system. Apparently it is being dwarfed by the classes now. The teachers did vary in their level of commitment, but you will find that anywhere. As an education major, I see every day the attitudes of teachers, students and parents. These days it seems like the students don't want to work, they want to be spoon fed the information. The parents don't want to deal with the kids and blame all their failings on the teachers. If anything about our education system is going to improve more money needs to be spent on academics and less on sports.

Posted January 14, 2009
I'm currently a student at East, we have a lot of programs, and a lot of opportunities if...you have the right last name. Everything at this school is about your name and how much money your family has to offer. Most of the teachers don't want to be there. The rules are absolutely ridiculous and they change them 3-5 days after they are put in effect. The day lasts so long, we don't get out until 3:20, for students living outside of town don't get home until 4:00-4:30, it makes it hard to have a job, or be involved in any after school activity. The classes are and hour and forty-five minutes long, most of it..wasted time. The counselors aren't very active in the students life, to talk to a counselor you have to call and call and call and call, and you might get a call back if your lucky.

Greenbrier East High School 4

Posted November 22, 2008
I am a recent graduate, and have some to say. It's true, the teachers aren't going to babysit you. But wait until you go to college, you'll be glad. Because no one is going to babysit you at college. I feel more prepared for college than many of the people who are in my class. Also, there is no need to say that the teachers don't care if the students succeed. Monday thru Friday, there are teachers who stay until 5 or 5:30 to help your student succeed in any subject they are struggling with. If you care about your student's success, encourage them to attend this program. There's something to be said for personal responsibilty. GEHS will not hold your hand and walk you through step by step... unless you ask for it. If you want the help, there are ways to get it.

Greenbrier East High School 3

Posted November 21, 2008
The main thing I've learned about GEHS is that you have to work. There are no classes or programs that do your work for you or baby you. There are wonderful teachers and horrible teachers, but as long as you pay attention to what they say and make an effort, you can succeed. You make your education here, which I appreciate personally because I feel now like I could attend any school/college and do well. If you are worried that your kid won't be taught or pushed hard enough (which is possible), just make sure to teach your child good work and study skills.

Greenbrier East High School
One Spartan Ln, Lewisburg, WV  24901
Last modified Greenbrier East High School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greenbrier East High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top