Martinsburg, WV

Orchard View Intermediate School 3

Posted March 30, 2012
Both of my sons have attended this school and both experiences were extremely different. I think that it just depends on the teacher that your child has. My oldest's fifth grade teacher lacked severely in the communication department, while my youngest has had wonderful teachers. While it is great for the technological advantages, I feel they could be offering more in other areas. It is a safe school that doesn't seem overpopulated. Unlike some of my fellow reviewers, I have not had any issues with the front office staff. As the years have passed they have been implementing new programs and ideas, including detention! I am also of the opinion that they should be more aggressive in preparing our children for the Westtest.

Orchard View Intermediate School 1

Posted May 04, 2011
Very disappointed with the communication between school to parents. Parents are not informed, nor contacted for volunteering opportunities & or incidents within the school. My child was being bullied here & nobody attempted to notify me, though they did speak with the child to offer them a second chance. The principal is flighty & not reliable. This school will do it's best to keep parents out & if you do get in to volunteer for anything, the staff is very rude & unthankful. My child will not be attending here next year.

Orchard View Intermediate School 1

Posted February 22, 2011
Orchard View Intermediate school is one of the worst schools in the county. My child has been struggling and is behind and the principal refuses to help. Also the teacher that my child has is misgrading papers and the principal and superintendent are aware of this and are doing nothing about it. If possible stay away from this school. Your child will not be treated right nor will they get the education they deserve.

Orchard View Intermediate School 4

Posted September 11, 2009
My child has been in this school for 1 year and is entering the 2nd year. I have found the teachers to be wonderful and the quality of education to be good considering the whole state of WV's standards need to be raised to compete with the surrounding area. The school is a leader in the technology department and has very good extracuricular activites. Overall, I am pleased with the school although I agree with most that the office staff could be much friendlier.

Orchard View Intermediate School 5

Posted August 12, 2009

Orchard View Intermediate School 3

Posted June 18, 2008
We moved to Martinsburg WV last year and my child attended Orchard View Intermediate. This school is pretty new so it's a nice environment. However, the staff in the office are rude and do not make parents feel welcome at all. I chaperoned every field trip and attended all programs. Overall, this is an average school. In my opinion they are below the national average academically. If your child attends this school make sure you stay involved and on top of things.

Orchard View Intermediate School 5

Posted February 04, 2008

Orchard View Intermediate School 4

Posted December 12, 2007
My daughter moved here from Jefferson County, the staff and students were more then welcoming to her. I would recommend this school to other parents.

Orchard View Intermediate School 2

Posted August 29, 2004
- a former student

Orchard View Intermediate School
1455 Delmar Orchard Rd, Martinsburg, WV  25401
Last modified Orchard View Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 4-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orchard View Intermediate School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top