Bad
Good

Staff is wonderful. It's the parents of the attending children that are a problem. Generally speaking, they are the most uninvolved and inattentive to the schools true needs. Only a core handful make up the PTO and it's the same people always serving or volunteering. The teachers do the best they can with the kids. Principal is kind and caring. It is a safe school to be in. My child has done beautifully here because of his effort, the school's effort and the fact that my husband and I do care about his education and we make a point to help the school in any way we can. It is an old building but that makes it different from the cookie cutter schools planted all around this area recently. It's a great school. Give it a chance.

Worst academic establishment around. The principal could really care less about any child's actual needs or development, because she is too busy talking circles around people to justify EVERYTHING that EVER happens.

We have a 5 year old in this school and so far have had no issue. He has not cried once, and we have had no discipline issues with him.

A five year old in this school was taken out of his classroom last Friday while his classmates watched a movie. He was not allowed to watch the movie. He received a sticker for being good that day and even earned one the day before. But, that was not enough. Apparently he needed stickers from other days of the week as well.Do you think a five year old understood that? One of the first things we learn about discipline as parents is that it needs to be immediate to be effective. Before long this five year old will wonder "what's the point" as his self esteem gets lower and lower. Is anyone reading these reviews or doing anything about educating teachers on how to motivate children and help them feel good about themselves? Because, I can tell you this little guy doesn't feel good about himself at the end of the school day and that means the educators including the administration that seems absent aren't doing their jobs.

This school is a horror story for children. Reward with food? Time out in a corner in kindergarden? Who hires the teachers? They don't have the sense to teach little people, nor the compassion! Is it that hard to like a child? I have been a teacher for 29 years and the practices at this school embarrass my profession. No 5 year old should leave school every single day crying. Where is the administration in this? School should be a safe "place." I don't mean locked doors, I mean a safe emotional environment. I hope this faculty sleeps well at night because I know of a 5 year old that doesn't. Shame on you.

My Granddaughter goes to Bedington and she is now in first grade. She had issues last year about being away from home however they made school so pleasant and and all the teachers made her feel so safe that this year she was wanting to get back to school and already loves her new teacher.

My daughter attended Bedington 2 years ago and we moved to Maryland and they have GREAT schools compaired to this school! Now that I have moved back I am doing everything in my power to have my daughter go to another school the principle then did not have a care in the world. I felt my daughter was not safe enough. After I had numerous meetings with the board of education they final stepped in and made the changes she refused too!! My daughter was in K and on 2 seperate occasions was denied access to the restroom and had an accident instead of me getting a phone call she was sent home in the clothes she had the accident in and the one time it had dried that is how long she sat in it the other time it was up her hand and nothing!! no explination or reasoning on why she was told she couldn't go to the restroom!!This school may have changed and I hope for the kids sake it has! The teachers need more help in the class rooms having 21-27 students for one teacher is a little bit to mcuh!! I hope either there is a new principle or the principle that was there got her stuff together!!!

I have had three children attend Bedington Elem School. My youngest started K this year and I couldn't be happier with the 1 on 1 attention that she receives! I also feel safe knowing that they have the doors locked during school hours and visitors may only enter with permission from the front office.

I have a daughter who is in first grade and one who is in kindergarden I love the teachers there ....they are Bedington Elementary!!So thankyou teachers who put my childrens education first and putting in those extra hours

Last modified Bedington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2