Martinsburg, WV

Posted April 24, 2014
I went to this school from first grade to third grade and I really blossomed during my time at Burke Street. My third grade teacher sparked a love for reading and writing inside me, and now I am about to attend college as a Literature major. While I was there I even had my name painted on a wall in the cafeteria for reading the most books that year! The school really is like a family and the teachers actually care a great deal for their students. This school is one of a kind.

Posted March 21, 2014
Burke Street Elementary is an EXCELLENT school and should be rated 5 stars. My granddaughter who lives with me attends this school and so does her nephew (both are 2nd graders now). I have seen so much development and independence in both of them. The teachers and principal are AWESOME. This school strongly encourages good behavior and the students are rewarded for it. They are given homework each night and a planner that the parents review each and sign. I am amazed at the level of education the students are being taught. In the 2nd grade, they are already being introduced to geometry and learning is taught in a warm and encouraging environment. The kids in this school are very close to each other--like family. There are events that parents can engage in with their child/ren. I feel that my child is safe in this school. Burke Street Elementary is definitely one of the best elementary schools in Martinsburg. I wish they went to the 6th grade. Teacher quality: 5 stars: Principal leadership: 5 stars: Parent(s) encouraged to get involved: 5 stars. I don't think this school can get any better. The principal is very active and visible. Thank you Burke St. staff.

Posted August 11, 2013
I love Burke street elementary school. My daughter has gone here since 1st grade now going into 3rd. I absolutely love the staff here. I will be sad to see her move on to another school next year. Throughout her time with burke street elementary the teachers and staff have let me know what us going on with my daughter during school, what she needs help with. How she's doing. The safety of our children there comes first. Children are treated as individuals and as children not a pay check.

Posted August 23, 2009
while we were a little sceptical at first of sending our children to public school, we found the school to be absolutely amazing! The staff knows all of the children, and their families, and they interact at school and have lots of extra-curricular activities as well. A wonderful learning environment with lots of opportunities for everyone!

Posted November 02, 2008

Burke Street Elementary School 1

Posted October 11, 2007

Burke Street Elementary School 4

Posted April 11, 2005
I do like this school. Its small compared to others which gives students a chance to really get to know their teachers as well as peers. The only thing I think they should offer more is after school help.

Posted January 12, 2005
I *love* this school. The staff is wonderful and will do anything in their power to help the kids. This is a small school and it has a wonderful 'family' feel to it. They have a wonderful principal and the kids all love him. The teachers are super as well. They really get to know their students and help them to learn at their own pace. As a parent of a student in this school, I am pleased that this is where he is getting his start!

Burke Street Elementary School
422 West Burke St, Martinsburg, WV  25401
Last modified Burke Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burke Street Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top