Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted August 11, 2015
If my daughter had a issue with a subject most of the teachers are there for the kids, they were willing to help at all times if the student was willing to learn

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 11, 2015
Last year my daughter was in 6th grade and wasn't overwhelmed with homework every night

Martinsburg South Middle School 4

Posted August 11, 2015
My daughter is entering 7th grade, last year we had really no issues, if teachers were rude to my child we would call and take care of it face to face with the teacher. Only had issues with one teacher and one front desk lady who seems to be rude with everyone but overall a good school.

Posted December 12, 2013
This school is grea im in 8th grade and i love it here the teachers are great the students are great and you can learn so much here i totaly recomend it

Martinsburg South Middle School 1

Posted June 25, 2012
I completely agree with the parent that posted about how rude the teachers are in South Middle. The only kids these teachers want to help are their favorites and the ones that have ADHD they wont give a time of day...they are called lazy,problem student, and yeah I notice my son to was being written up everyday..he was in after school,OSS,and Saturday School seemed like every weekend. I meet with the teachers several times I have never been so humilated in my life after the meeting. Im a grown woman in tears by the way they talked down to me and about my son. I told the principal about how rude I was treat,and it makes me think this is the way they treat my son everyday and what he has to go through. It wasn't unitl one day my child came home and said a teacher was standing outside her door speaking to another teacher and noticed my son walking down the hall with kids around him and made a nasty rude bullish comment about my child that was the last draw I had enough I went to the principal and said I wont stand for a teacher bullying my child. They took my son out of school put him in a school for problem children where he has no rights or privileges. Horrible School Rude Teachers

Posted August 06, 2009
I absolutely love South.. They want us to learn... I am in 8th grade now.. I would recommend this school for your child.. There is nothing strict about South they give us our freedom... I played basketball last year and they tutored our teammate since her grades werent very good, so that she could still play on the team :)

Posted April 10, 2009
this school is very strick and not sutiable teachers are too harsh on children the rules that apply are absurd! I have good grades but it is almost impossible to be out of trouble all year in this school it seems like you cant ever do anything right!

Posted January 12, 2009
I have gone to south all 3 years. I am now in 8th grade. I am in all honors and i love it.The teachers are great and help you learn. I dont know wat that last parent is talking about. I love mr.Rodgers and he always says hi to kids in the hall.My aunt is a teacher at the school with the behavior disorder kids and hepls them alot and loves them all. I think south is a great school and i will miss it next year.

Martinsburg South Middle School 2

Posted January 11, 2009
I have been dealing with South Middle School for 2 years now. The teachers are very rude and even the principle doesn't know what is going on. Nobody wants to look at what the students are having problems with. My son has ADHD and is out of school more than in school due to supension. None of the teachers want to DEAL with him. They all tell me the same thing, 'he doesn't want to learn', but my son loves school and is trying to do better. Believe me don't ever let the school know that your child has a ADD or ADHD because they will be labeled as a problem from the beginning and to think they want more money!!! Jefferson Co WV schools help kids and help them understand.

Posted April 28, 2008
I am a student at South Middle. Earlier this year, I was transferred to anther school in the county. I was, so suprised how much I missed South. I missed everything about the school : the teahchers {Who are the nicest people in the world} , students, addministrators, and lunch ladies. I am proud to call South my school.

150 Bulldog Blvd, Martinsburg, WV  25401
Last modified Martinsburg South Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.