Martinsburg, WV

Posted December 12, 2013
This school is grea im in 8th grade and i love it here the teachers are great the students are great and you can learn so much here i totaly recomend it

Martinsburg South Middle School 1

Posted June 25, 2012
I completely agree with the parent that posted about how rude the teachers are in South Middle. The only kids these teachers want to help are their favorites and the ones that have ADHD they wont give a time of day...they are called lazy,problem student, and yeah I notice my son to was being written up everyday..he was in after school,OSS,and Saturday School seemed like every weekend. I meet with the teachers several times I have never been so humilated in my life after the meeting. Im a grown woman in tears by the way they talked down to me and about my son. I told the principal about how rude I was treat,and it makes me think this is the way they treat my son everyday and what he has to go through. It wasn't unitl one day my child came home and said a teacher was standing outside her door speaking to another teacher and noticed my son walking down the hall with kids around him and made a nasty rude bullish comment about my child that was the last draw I had enough I went to the principal and said I wont stand for a teacher bullying my child. They took my son out of school put him in a school for problem children where he has no rights or privileges. Horrible School Rude Teachers

Posted August 06, 2009
I absolutely love South.. They want us to learn... I am in 8th grade now.. I would recommend this school for your child.. There is nothing strict about South they give us our freedom... I played basketball last year and they tutored our teammate since her grades werent very good, so that she could still play on the team :)

Posted April 10, 2009
this school is very strick and not sutiable teachers are too harsh on children the rules that apply are absurd! I have good grades but it is almost impossible to be out of trouble all year in this school it seems like you cant ever do anything right!

Posted January 12, 2009
I have gone to south all 3 years. I am now in 8th grade. I am in all honors and i love it.The teachers are great and help you learn. I dont know wat that last parent is talking about. I love mr.Rodgers and he always says hi to kids in the hall.My aunt is a teacher at the school with the behavior disorder kids and hepls them alot and loves them all. I think south is a great school and i will miss it next year.

Martinsburg South Middle School 2

Posted January 11, 2009
I have been dealing with South Middle School for 2 years now. The teachers are very rude and even the principle doesn't know what is going on. Nobody wants to look at what the students are having problems with. My son has ADHD and is out of school more than in school due to supension. None of the teachers want to DEAL with him. They all tell me the same thing, 'he doesn't want to learn', but my son loves school and is trying to do better. Believe me don't ever let the school know that your child has a ADD or ADHD because they will be labeled as a problem from the beginning and to think they want more money!!! Jefferson Co WV schools help kids and help them understand.

Posted April 28, 2008
I am a student at South Middle. Earlier this year, I was transferred to anther school in the county. I was, so suprised how much I missed South. I missed everything about the school : the teahchers {Who are the nicest people in the world} , students, addministrators, and lunch ladies. I am proud to call South my school.

Posted April 11, 2008
I have had a terrible time with this school. My son was homeschooled last year so the transition back to public school was difficult. He had to get used to changing classes and having a locker. He is so scared of being late for classes that he won't use his lock and his books are being stolen. Met with teachers and they acted like they were doing me a favor by meeting with me. They said 'welcome to 7th grade. The kids need to take on more responsibility.' If my child misses a day of school the teachers won't come to him with work that he needs to make up. It's totally up to him to get notes from other kids. I don't know if it's just this school or all schools are this way but these teachers definitely didn't deserve the $1600 raise that they just got.

Posted December 12, 2007
I love South Middle. I have gone there as a student before, and though some days were a little rough, what school doesn't have those days. I had friends who were always by my side, and if your child is not a troublemaker, like I wasn't, they would love it, because there is always something to do or try out for.

Posted March 01, 2007
I never seen a very excellent school, that does help children. I very please with the satification with the school.

150 Bulldog Blvd, Martinsburg, WV  25401
Last modified Martinsburg South Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Martinsburg South Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top