Bad
Good

This is my daughters first year attending Berkeley Heights and I've already seen enough. I read the other reviews and completely agree with them. I am a former teacher myself and I've never seen such incompassionate educators in my life! They seem to only be there for the paycheck. My daughter is scared to do anything in her classroom for fear of getting yelled at. I will not be sending her there next year.

I totally agree with the last two reviews that this school is disorganized and not a place you would want to send your child. Most of the staff there seem angry/cold all the time, there is a LOT of yelling at that school by teachers/staff, and it seems perfectly obvious that a lot of the staff there doesn't even LIKE being around children! Daily the children get yelled at, intimidated, taught at levels that are WAY below their potential, disrespected, and that's just with the staff! I feel bad for the children that attend there, but it's a sad fact that the students then wind up emulating the staff there, making it overall, an intolerable place to "try" to learn!! We will "not" be sending our child there next year. One year there was enough to just about kill her joy of learning and self confidence. I would definitely not recommend this school.

I feel like my child has wasted an entire school year here. There is so much disorganization and with the classrooms being open it is hard for the kids to focus and learn. My child's teacher was very defensive if I ever tried to ask about anything which made it possible for us to work together and do what was best for my child.

My child will not be going to this school next year. They will agree with you when you talk to them about things that need to be changed but they will not follow through. They will try to hold kids back that are ahead rather than letting them do extra work and move along at their own pace. The negative atmosphere at this school has made it very difficult for the children to learn.

We have just relocated from Maryland and the staff at Berkeley Heights have been great and very caring. My daughter who is in 1st grade loves her new school and feels challenged.

I love that my son loves to go to school every morning. It just shows me that he feels comfortable and cared for while he is there. The teachers and administration are helpful and caring. Thank you to everyone who works so hard at Berkeley Heights Elementary!

Most of the teachers are wonderful. There is a strong PTA in place that plans many wonderful activities for the children. The principal is not very organized and after several years at the school still does not run dismissal very well. She has made improvements to the school on one hand but on another hand there is a lack of discipline with students having issues. The tests scores are also low at this school.

I have had children in this school since 2005. Numerous improvement have been made in that time and more continue to be made. The principal is amazing and really seems to connect with the children. My kids love the school, the principal, and the teachers. I love that it is also a Title 1 school in case my kids need extra help wiht anything.

I have had two children attend this school and have had both good and bad experiences with teachers. We have had a couple we have loved, a couple mediocre, and one who completely wasted the year for my child. Overall the administration has been working on improving the level of education and responding to parent's concerns. They have made upgrades to the school with pods, playgrounds, and walls and seem to be heading in a good direction. They have recently implemented a recycling and composting program and have a wonderful watch d.o.g.s. program for security.

My child is in kindergarten and loves her teacher and she is certainly learnign a lot. I really like the D.O.G.S. program they have in place which helps promote safety.

Last modified Berkeley Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.