Martinsburg, WV

Posted October 30, 2014
This is my daughters first year attending Berkeley Heights and I've already seen enough. I read the other reviews and completely agree with them. I am a former teacher myself and I've never seen such incompassionate educators in my life! They seem to only be there for the paycheck. My daughter is scared to do anything in her classroom for fear of getting yelled at. I will not be sending her there next year.

Posted March 21, 2014
I totally agree with the last two reviews that this school is disorganized and not a place you would want to send your child. Most of the staff there seem angry/cold all the time, there is a LOT of yelling at that school by teachers/staff, and it seems perfectly obvious that a lot of the staff there doesn't even LIKE being around children! Daily the children get yelled at, intimidated, taught at levels that are WAY below their potential, disrespected, and that's just with the staff! I feel bad for the children that attend there, but it's a sad fact that the students then wind up emulating the staff there, making it overall, an intolerable place to "try" to learn!! We will "not" be sending our child there next year. One year there was enough to just about kill her joy of learning and self confidence. I would definitely not recommend this school.

Posted May 08, 2013
I feel like my child has wasted an entire school year here. There is so much disorganization and with the classrooms being open it is hard for the kids to focus and learn. My child's teacher was very defensive if I ever tried to ask about anything which made it possible for us to work together and do what was best for my child.

Posted May 08, 2013
My child will not be going to this school next year. They will agree with you when you talk to them about things that need to be changed but they will not follow through. They will try to hold kids back that are ahead rather than letting them do extra work and move along at their own pace. The negative atmosphere at this school has made it very difficult for the children to learn.

Berkeley Heights Elementary School 4

Posted March 29, 2013
We have just relocated from Maryland and the staff at Berkeley Heights have been great and very caring. My daughter who is in 1st grade loves her new school and feels challenged.

Posted November 04, 2009

Berkeley Heights Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
I love that my son loves to go to school every morning. It just shows me that he feels comfortable and cared for while he is there. The teachers and administration are helpful and caring. Thank you to everyone who works so hard at Berkeley Heights Elementary!

Berkeley Heights Elementary School 0

Posted September 10, 2009
Most of the teachers are wonderful. There is a strong PTA in place that plans many wonderful activities for the children. The principal is not very organized and after several years at the school still does not run dismissal very well. She has made improvements to the school on one hand but on another hand there is a lack of discipline with students having issues. The tests scores are also low at this school.

Berkeley Heights Elementary School 5

Posted September 09, 2009

Berkeley Heights Elementary School 5

Posted September 09, 2009

Berkeley Heights Elementary School
726 Hack Wilson Way, Martinsburg, WV  25401
Last modified Berkeley Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Berkeley Heights Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top