Posted September 12, 2013
The teachers work very hard to give students what they need to succeed. They truly care about the students. There are many opportunities for students to develop their own talents. Excellent school.

Cheat Lake Elementary School 2

Posted March 12, 2013
If you have a child that has special needs or just may need more attention this is not the school. i have had nothing but problem with my autistic daughter teacher and the vice principal. Anytime i want to talk about what is going on in class they act like i am just a great inconvenience.

Posted September 30, 2012
I've had 4 children attend this school during the past 8 years. Prior to that they were in 3 other elementary schools in 2 other states. I have been very happy with this school. They have yet to have a teacher I haven't liked, and some of them have been jaw dropping outstanding. They have a newer principal who is more approachable than the previous one, but still manages the school well. PTO and parent involvement is very high and encouraged. I LOVE the talented and gifted program much better than the programs in the previous schools they attended. The music teacher is amazing! They have a dedicated art and foreign language teachers, as well. The children are learning Chinese even in K. The character program is based on Stephen Covey's Habits of Highly Successful people, plus teaching good manners is given high priority. Every classroom has computers and smart board technology, plus there is a computer lab. There is one recess a day and PE once a week. My only complaints? I'm not crazy about the Everyday math program and the holiday concerts have been way overcrowded. I think they have a new plan to address that this year, though.

Posted January 31, 2010

Posted November 13, 2009

Posted November 11, 2009

Posted June 04, 2009
I think this school is very good both academically and socially. They teach values about life along with their lessons. The teachers are very nice and the work is very advanced. One of the best schools in Morgantown!

Posted October 28, 2008
Wow, I must say some of these comments shocked me. I have been at CLES for 4 1/2 years now and have never felt unwelcomed or disappointed. In fact, I was very pleasantly surprised at the academic excellence of the school. Moving from a university town in Virginia I was worried about the schools in WV, but now think they are in some respects superior. I feel the staff is working very hard and unfortunately most schools around the country end up teaching to the test. I also believe the administration does a good job at helping out families with difficult situations and work hard at helping when they can. Last school year I even heard reconditioned computers were given to needy families. This is also the only school my children have been at that the principal knows all 600+ children by name! I personally thank our teachers and staff.

Cheat Lake Elementary School 3

Posted August 13, 2008
My daughter has been going to this school for a year and I must say, I am disappointed. The kids are pretty aggressive, even in kindergarten. My daughter is a little shy but has always found it easy to make friends..I noticed she didn't have a single good friend by the end of the year! The girls had their cliques and the teachers really didn't seem to care..Academically also I had always heard rave reviews about CLES..but really I think everything my daughter knows is mainly from what I taught her at home. So I am overall pretty disappointed. A very average school.

Posted June 12, 2008

Cheat Lake Elementary School
154 Crosby Rd, Morgantown, WV  26505
Last modified Cheat Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cheat Lake Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top