Morgantown, WV

Posted November 05, 2013
Ever since my son has been going there, he has been bullied repeatedly by students and even their gym teacher had the nerve to put his hands on my son. The principal was less than helpful and rolled her eyes during our meeting.

Posted July 31, 2012
Coming from an out-of-country secular private school system, I was concerned about the quality of education. I have been extremely pleased with my daughters first year at Mountainview. Her teacher provided her with tasks appropriate for her abilities (harder maths and reading). There is a healthy emphasis on diversity, respect and responsibility. Overall, a great school.

Mountainview Elementary School 0

Posted November 09, 2010
Teachers are so cheerful and caring and I feel that it makes the kids feel good about being in school.

Posted July 27, 2009
The teachers and other staff at Mountainview has been amazing. My son received so much support and encouragement, not only from his teacher, but also from Mr. King. We will definately miss him! The only issue I have is that lunch hard on the younger kids...so noisy and rushed...

Mountainview Elementary School 4

Posted March 24, 2009
We moved here 2 years ago from one of the top school districts in the country. I was surprised to find that my children were behind their classes here. Having moved here late during the school year, my children are in their third classrooms, meaning we have worked 6 homeroom teachers since we have been here. I have been extremely pleased with all of them. My children have very different needs from their teachers; however, both have been challenged and encouraged to do their best. Both are excelling. One is in the TAG program (Talented and Gifted), which has provided wonderful advanced-learning opportunities. This school has many children with learning disabilities. I am told that it offers a wonderful program for them, as well. The only reason I don't give this school 5 stars is due to building maintenance and cleanliness issues.

Posted May 26, 2008

Posted January 12, 2007

Mountainview Elementary School 4

Posted January 05, 2006
I recently moved out of Mon County where my children did attend this school, one of my children was B.D. I must say that my experience with this school and there B.D. program was excellent. Rather than continually punishing my child for his disabilities they worked hard to find ways for him to outlet his problems. I am currently in another county in WV that is unwilling to work with my childs problems.

Mountainview Elementary School 2

Posted November 21, 2005
This school is a nice facility but all the good teachers leave because of the inflexible principal! If your child is not having a good experience with a particular teacher, your child cannot switch to a different class....

Posted May 24, 2005
Excellent school with caring, competent teachers. Parent involvement very high.

Mountainview Elementary School
661 Greenbag Rd, Morgantown, WV  26505
Last modified Mountainview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountainview Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top