Posted September 30, 2012
The only high school I can compare UHS to is the one I attended growing up, which was phenomenal in almost every way. UHS is a good school, the new facility is wonderful. The marching band and marching band instructors are top notch. Athletically they are very competitive. There is a lot of parent involvement. Use of edline to regularly post grades and the weekly hawk call help keep parents informed. There are a good variety of classes, including AP. I have seen instances of bullying but nothing violent. There are some great teachers, but also some disappointing ones, particularly in the math dept. Truancy is not an issue at all, but mostly because students who miss less than 5 days are not required to take final exams. The solution is effective, but I feel like it is a disservice to a student to graduate from HS and go on to college without every having the experience of taking a final exam.

Posted April 12, 2012
University High has changed quite a bit in the last few years, since there has been a change in administration. As an involved parent I have had positive experiences working with the math and science teachers. There are some outstanding math teachers. The music and drama directors are also outstanding and passionate about their programs. Sports coaches are also passionate about their teams. The new administration is easy to work with. The facility was just built in 2008 and has lots of potential. Boosters are very active. More parent programs are planned for 2012-2013.

Posted July 07, 2011
University High School is the worst school I have EVER been too. You get treated horrible unless you're an athlete or your parents are doctors or lawyers. The teachers don't care about the students. One of my drama classes we did nothing but sit there and talk while the teachers worked with kids that was performing for the school. Which really frustrated me. I signed up for that class for a reason. And lastly, I got jumped by girls I didn't even know. It was so bad that my mom had to take me out of this school. Morgantown High School is by far the best school.

Posted June 29, 2011
A great school is defined by its excellent teachers, strong leadership, challenging programs, and student success. The new "U" has ALL of these characteristics. No school is without its problems, that being said, UHS is the best high school in Morgantown. The Back to School Bash, Home Coming Alumni Tailgate, and HAWKfest are just a few traditions UHS has started for its students and community. The weekly calls known as HAWK Talk helps to keep parents informed about the school and educational community. The new school is bright and beautiful; it is a reflection of our students and of their futures.

Posted July 30, 2010
I attended UHS and so did both of my children. It is the best school around as far as I am concerned. I am looking forward to having my grandson attend there. My daughter was a student teacher there and she loved it. Teachers are some of the best in Morgantown and the sports programs are great. The New School is beautiful and well maintained. I have been there for several events.

University High School 0

Posted July 09, 2009
My son received an excellent education at UHS and felt well-prepared for college.

Posted July 09, 2009
The best place I have ever worked! The leadership is excellent.

Posted May 13, 2009
I also agree that the school isn't organzed well. The administrators are unfair to a lot of the staff unless you are part of their clique or informers. Students that are less fortunate are treated poorly and made to feel inferior to athletes and to students that have parents that are doctors, lawyers, etc.

Posted April 09, 2009
This school is no longer at its old location. It moved into a brand new facility in 2008.

Posted April 06, 2009
This school definitely doesn't have it together. The unprofessionalism and disorganization here are mind-boggling. Never again will I work here. It's a pity since there are a few staff members who are really nice. The disorganization is the major problem.

University High School
131 Baker's Ridge Rd, Morgantown, WV  26505
Last modified University High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
University High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top