Bad
Good

First the principle is amazing. He has worked hard the last 5 years to improve the problems that come with an older building. He is friendly and more then willing to listen ti and work with parents. Secondly, they have some amazing teachers there. Teachers that go above and beyond for the kids. Miss Summerfield, Ms. Graziano, Ms. Bright, Mr. Ericson, Mr. Spencer, to name a few work tirelessly for their kids. They have a wonderful PTO and LSIC that have been able to accomplish some wonderful things for our school. They also do a wonderful job working with the community and the community is so supportive of the school. The mayor, the former mayor and some of the local pastors all volunteer reading and mentoring students on a regular basis. The police and fire dept frequently arrange educational opportunities for the kids. We also several local businesses who are our partners in education who sponsor programs and help with purchasing ipads. I couldn't be happier with things that are happening at our school. Keep up the great work Nitro Elementay Staff!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Some of the best teachers I have ever met. They have innovative and creative learning and teaching methods

Develops character: Strongly agree

The Roar program really helps to keep the kids on track. It makes it easy for them to learn respect organization actions and responsibility.

horrible school it really has gone down hill the secretary will gossip about principle in the office with other parents unprofessional the principle tries to have a nice school but the staff he has to deal with does not help, the teachers only do as much as they have to and nothing more if you want a good school don't go here there are plenty other great schools to attend

The teachers that I know at Nitro are great! however they do not make up for the rest of the short coming that the school struggles with! The building is in very poor shape, the Roof leaks and they have to line up buckets in the hall I mean really come on! they only have a few computers that work on a regular basis and the People in the office have no business being a Principal or Secretary! I am very unhappy with the School and I hope to move my children next year!

I also have a child in Mrs Hollidays class and I absolutley love her but then again I love the entire Staff there. Best school ever.

My kids and I absoloutley love Nitro Elementary. They care so much about the kids and make sure they are as safe as possible. They also have wonderful teachers, for example Mrs. Holliday she teaches 2nd grade.

My children and I love this school. I don't think you can beat them. They care so much about each and every child and really know how to make you feel welcome.

Last modified Nitro Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.