Bad
Good

Posted July 06, 2008
This school is wonderful! My children love attending here and the teachers seem to really care. The prinicipal doesn't make me seem like I am asking dumb questions and is very patient when I have a concern. The teachers are willing to meet with me to discuss my child's progress.

Posted March 27, 2007
Academics_ awesome- both of my children attended this school. The teachers are great; this is a title one school that truly knows how to deal with diversity in a caring and loving way. No child is treated differently. I give Martin two thumbs up! Music- Awesome band instructor- one of the best in wood county! Extra curricular- great for a small school in a small section of town. Parental involvement- varies from year to year

Martin Elementary School 4

Posted January 30, 2006
I feel Martin Elementry has an loving and well educated staff that does the best it can with the resorces it has. No school is perfect but Martin does have smaller classes and teachers that are willing to try new teaching to try to help students that are having trouble. But on the down side i feel that the schools in wood county are under educating their staff in areas that the need to be up to date on for instance my 5yr. old son is having problems in kindergarden and his teacher has asked me what are we going to do. My first reaction was disapline him. But after speaking with my instructers at WVU-P I'm finding out more and more that boys develope slower then girls, learn different then girls and are in general falling throught the cracks in our schools.

Posted January 17, 2006
Academically exceptional. This school has well rounded opportunity for all children to excell and expand their preferences. The staff and administration are higly qualified and dedicated. Becky Nichols ( Ashley K's..Grandmother)

Posted January 23, 2005
The quality of this school is great, academically, involment of parents, and of individual needs met. The hadicappped children are treated as though they are a regular child. All the students and teachers interact with each other. I've been a parent at this school for 6 years now. I'm so glad that we are at Martin. I wouldn't take my children anywhere else.

Martin Elementary School
1301 Hillcrest St, Parkersburg, WV  26101
Last modified Martin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.