Gihon Elementary School 1

Posted September 05, 2013
The principle of this school is extremely mean to the kids and only cares about the way she looks. The teachers and staff treat all the parents like they are the worst parents in the world. I went there as a kid and was excited that my kids would go there also but I quickly realized that this school has changed. Their test scores and academic levels are high because they have cut out all the lower income housing making them a small district and letting people bring kids in from out of district who test high.

Gihon Elementary School 2

Posted February 18, 2010
This school is not one I would recommend to anyone that I know. My children go here and live in the district...but if I knew then what I do now about how the school is ran, I would have moved out of the district before my kids started. It seems to me that morals and values are a thing of the past, and unless you are physically hurt no staff member wants to know of anything your child is dealing with, being bullied, cussed at or being stole from. Yes it is a small school, but no small school feel, parent involvement is not encouraged here. There are also no PTA meetings for parents to attend, this also must be a thing of the past.

Posted January 20, 2010

Posted October 14, 2008
This is an excellent community school with strong leadership via the principal, dedicated teachers, and respectful students. The facility is well-kept, and the educational environment is positive and forward thinking.

Posted August 08, 2008
Wonderful school!! The staff is friendly and cooperative. The school is clean and orderly. My daughter looks forward to school. I believe her positive experiences at Gihon will lay the groundwork for her attitude for her entire school career.

Posted July 26, 2007
My father went to Gihon, followed by my brother and I, now my children are attending Gihon. The teachers are great and it has been a wonderful school for generations.

Posted April 03, 2005

Gihon Elementary School
2000 Belmont Rd, Parkersburg, WV  26101
Last modified Gihon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gihon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top