Bad
Good

Posted May 20, 2011
my sons teacher ms.cobb is a wonderful teacher and want to thank her for all she has done for my son this year

Posted April 20, 2010
It's a small close nit school.. My sons teacher Ms.Cobb is a fantastic teacher! His love for reading has blossomed this school year I owe this 2 Ms.Cobb's influence.. My 2nd grader has read 195 books this school year,and I couldn't be more proud!

Posted March 20, 2008
I to believe that Madison is an exceptional school. My son has attended other elementary schools in the surrounding area and in comparison Madison rates the best. I do appreciate the principal's hands on leadership and involvement style, the teachers open communication line and the secretary's caring voice and love for the kids. Keep up the good work Madison!

Posted February 06, 2008
Wow! What a great school. The staff and principal make this school what it has become. We are very proud to have our children attend Madison.

Posted August 22, 2005
I've had children at Madison for 6 years now and I couldn't ask for more. I think the staff for the most part are very helpful and active with the students although there is always room for imporvement. Teachers need to come to more ball games and after school events to show support for the sudents and then the school would be as cloase to perfect as possible.

Posted January 12, 2005
my granddaughters attend this shcool. I find the teachers VERY involved in ALL aspects of student life. There is tremendous support of special needs students. Sign language is an integral part of every day school life. These children are taught that ABILITY is what is important, not differences!! I have attended several assemblies and programs held at this school, and have been favorably impressed each and every time!! The students are recognized for their work ethic as well as their academic acheivements!! BRAVO!!!!! to Madison Elementary School.

Posted January 09, 2005
I have two children currently attending Madison. While I do not get the warm fuzzies that I did in the mid 90's when my older two attended, I still think it is a very good school. The teachers are very capable and my children do very well because of that. It is an strict, academically challenging school and I know for a fact children coming from other elementary schools have to work hard to catch. I am convinced academically this school is the best in the county. They do lack extracarricular activities but I don't feel at the elementary level that is a major issue. They have in the last few years added girls and boys basketball. The parking and drop off and pick up has improved greatly. I do miss the warmness of the Madison from the 90s, it's definitely not there at present.

Madison Elementary School 2

Posted June 22, 2004
After considering Madison Elementary School for my daughter two years ago, I am very happy with our decision to attend McKinley. During our orientation with Madison, not only was I dissapointed by the cold manner of the Kindergarten staff, but was very unhappy with the principal's tact and Professionalism. This school is extremely overrated in the community.

Madison Elementary School 2

Posted February 16, 2004
My daughter currently attends Madison Elementary. As a parent I am disappointed in the school, I feel they could offer more extra curricular activities such as cheerleading. I also believe the teachers could be of more help, like scheduling more parent-teacher conferences and monthly updates on what they will be covering next. I also think Madison needs to get a better parking lot because it's dangerous to drop your child off in the morning, it's very disorganized. Also they need to have better notification of the things going on in the school, parents need to be informed at least a week in advance!

Madison Elementary School
1426 32nd St, Parkersburg, WV  26104
Last modified Madison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.