Bad
Good

Vandy is an average school. I've had teachers that go out of their way to help and then I've had teachers that could care less. I do know that the assistant is very rude and unprofessional. I get nothing but an attitude from her when I go into the school. I have seen her talk down to the students and I think it's shameful. I have noticed that some of the students are disrespectful but that is not the schools fault it's the parents. I wouldn't say that it's full of trash that's kind of harsh but some of the teachers could care a little more.

This school is full of trash. And the teachers are not making it any better. Disgusted on a daily basic. You have a 15 yr old in 8th grade and he's a bully. The principal and vice p Are lazy and obviously just there for an easy check

A few good teachers but the vice principles have little respect for the students and the office staff is very rude. Wonderful cross country and track team though and has an excellent forgein launguage prgram ( spanish is offered) The lunch room is very dirty an there are dead bugs in the hallways. Hopefully it will improve. It was such a wonderful school back in the day.

heard its a good school in yr or so my son will be going there. he in 5th this yr. my neighbor kids go to it.

5 stars this school is wonderful I haven't had a problem.

I went to school at Vandy for 3 years and loved it. The teachers are amazing and really care about the students and their education. Going to Van Devender is an opportunity that every student should take advantage of if given the chance.

I don't see why people think this school is so great. It's horrable. My child goes to Vandy and he hates it and so do I. He is a special needs child and is always being picked on and being hurt. The teachers seem not to care. They hand out detention slips if a child coughs or sneezes, or looks the wrong way. The office staff is nothing but rude. The priciples talk to the children as if they are in military camp. The teachers and staff are the rudest and uncaring people I have ever seen in a school system. I am transferring my child from this school next year. he is failing everything and the school is just letting him slide on by without offering any type of help at all. He is learning nothing at this school. Parents are never made to feel welcome this school.

I'm a sign language interpreter at Vandy. I've never worked with a staff as wonderful and supportive of each other and its students. Teachers go out of their way to praise and encourage students; and in times of tragedy, they pull together to help students and their families through tough times. I love it there and hope I never have to work anyplace else.

My daughter went to VanDevender last year and it was an amazing experience....It is not a bad school, not at all. They have the most fun I have ever seen in my life. It is great.

Last modified Van Devender Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.