Bad
Good

Shady Spring Elementary has a wonderful staff and is an excellent school for academia. Teachers are highly qualified and strive to meet the needs of their students. I rate this school with top ratings.

The school and teachers are good with doing fun things with the students for holidays and special occasions but I have to agree with other parents about children with learning disabilities. Teacher wanted me to test my son for add which my childs doctor said he is not.My child's doctor sent a note to school for him to get tested for autism and I haven't heard anything back from the teachers or anyone else about the testing.

I agree with the parent who wrote the following, If you have an academically challenged child this is not your school...Teachers are friendly but rarely follow through with assistance they promise." We have experienced the same and would like to add that promises made by the principal as well were not followed through. It seems teachers and principals know what to say, but rarely follow through. If you do find a teacher who follows through, it only last about two weeks. The class sizes for all grade levels also seem very high. This makes it even more difficult for an academically challenged student to succeed to the best of their ability.

My daughter goes to Shady Spring Elementary and I would give feel it is a wonderful school to send your children to. It is a nurturing environment in which children can grow both academically and socially. It is a wonderful school.

This school is excellent when it comes to my childs education. The only problem I see is the other parents who don't get their way start to 'bad-mouth' the school. All children matter to the staff at this school and the principal is efficent in his tasks at hand. I would highly recommend this school to all near the building.

We had an aweful experience at this school and when we asked for help things just got worse. WAY overcrowded and parent pickup is aweful. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

The school has a large number of students for the size of building. Great staff, that's why we come from out of district.

If you have an academically challenged child this is not your school.There is little that we have seen from the school that has impressed us. Students with learning difficulties that can never achieve Triple-A status even when they have done their best can never participate in special field trips. Teachers are friendly but rarely follow through with assistance they promise. We have never been able to recieve advance information of test schedules or special projects that we can pass along to after school tutors making their jobs more difficult. The homework load makes after school tutoring nearly impossible. Children needing tutors often suffer from burnout. Many other parents we have spoken to with struggling children feel have had similar experiences. If your child is a good student then Shady Elementary would be fine but if you are looking for meaningful assistance seek a smaller school like Ghent Elementary or private school.

Last modified Shady Spring Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.