Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted July 01, 2016
There is a great school atmosphere. There are many different clubs for students. Most of the teachers here want all students to succeed and will help the students.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 23, 2016
I am very thankful for Mrs.Dillow because she taught me math and made it very easy to understand.

Posted June 20, 2016
I am a student at Wildwood Middle School. I work very hard and always do my best. This school in my opinion is superior to other schools. Most of the staff are kind and considerate, but there are some that are easy to upset. This is a good school if you are a good student.

Posted August 25, 2015
This is the second week my 11 year old son has attended Wildwood. I'm not sure what happened but this school has completely changed for the better. My son had an issue with another child and the counselor Mr. Wilson was easy to reach and happy to help. The front office is caring and also very helpful. The reviews scared me enough to consider moving my son to another school but I'm glad we stayed.. My son and I are very pleased with this school.

Wildwood Middle School 1

Posted June 05, 2014
WMS has an ineffective protocol for communicating school incidences without persistent involvement of parents. If fights break out where police are called in to break it up, unless there is a weapon, no communication goes home. We rely on the students and parental community. One of the teachers consistently inputs grades in 4-6 weeks late (6 grades input 1 week before marking period ended). Inappropriate personal stories shared by some teachers in class with students. The professionalism of several teachers is lower than educational/county/administrative standards would demand. Highly disappointed in my student's experience at this school - first and last (thank goodness) year there.

Wildwood Middle School 2

Posted May 23, 2013
Not real impressed. Apparently many of the teachers(at least in 7th grade) yell at students or to get control of the class. Fights are common in the halls...usually out of control by the time adults arrive. I agree with the reviewer that said it is known amoung educators as the worst school in the county. Hopefully next year will show improvement...first 2 weeks of school schedules were so messed up that students spent hours in 1 or 2 classes.

Wildwood Middle School 1

Posted January 31, 2013
My son is in 7th grade! I have had nothing but problems with this school and bullying!! He has had is cell phone stolen and I had to play detective and get it back...they were useless! I went to the police about the incident and they said and I quote "Wildwood is the worse school in Jefferson county for bullying and we NEVER find anything out until the parents come to us." When I spoke w/the head principle about my concerns her response was " I look at it as the glass being half empty or half full" meaning half the kids were good and the other half not so much! REALLY!!! My son is suspended for 5 days for defending himself against a bully who has an accomplice who has been taking his pencils, yes he has told thr teacher....her response after telling her for two days "let me know if he does it again, I will write him up" After discussing this w/the assistant principal she said "I don't think taking a pencil from someone is bullying" This school is a joke....I am not the only parent who feels this way! Do yourself a favor and take your child to Harpers Ferry!! Just for the record under theWVDOE...bullying is stealinf or hiding the belongings of the affected student.....a pencil!!

Wildwood Middle School 4

Posted March 26, 2012
Students are challenged to do their best! Most of the teachers here are approachable, and effective in motivating creativity in and outside the classroom. Communication between home and school proves beneficial for my student. Overall, the atmosphere at Wildwood Middle School is very inviting and professional.

Posted April 28, 2010
The teachers are kind and care greatly about the students' needs. Many people participate in painting the walls of the school of different cultures, which is an excellent way to teach about other countries and to welcome all kinds of people. The PTO is very strong and does a great job, as well.

1209 Shenandoah Junction Rd, Shenandoah Junction, WV  25442
Last modified Wildwood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.