Smithers, WV
Before care: Yes

Posted March 16, 2014
It is all about the students at this school, and they are terrific students. They care about one another and want to do well.

Posted September 23, 2013
My school is terrible. I have had 1 day since the beginning of the school year that I haven't had homework, and usually I'm up REALLY late. We are slowly improving, but there is LONG way to go. The principal does not look at petitions the students have created, and is reluctant to change; positive and negative. I do not recommend Valley. I do like that we have many programs, but they're all being drown out by sports.

Valley High School 1

Posted June 09, 2010
This school is VERY unsatisfactory, there is nothing to be offered, and most of the students are disrespectful and rude. Most the teachers and students simply don't care about their education and much rather sit there and do, nothing. No teaching, just talking.

Valley High School 0

Posted May 03, 2010
Homework is almost non-exsistant at this school. Children are only being taught to the WESTTEST and not much more. The scores on the tests are sad. More work should be done to protect students and less suspensions given out for minor infractions. Oh if you are a parent that only cares about 3 sports and not the education...then you will think this school is wonderful. But if you want your child to succeed in life academically, well that leaves a lot to be desired. And just forget any special education unless you fight tooth and nail to hold the county to the Federal Law.

Posted January 29, 2008

Valley High School 1

Posted December 11, 2007

Posted September 14, 2007
Everyone at this school is so welcoming. I went to Kennesaw Mountain High School in Kennesaw, Ga and I miss Valley so much!!!!

Valley High School 0

Posted September 01, 2007
I think some of the teachers give to much homework. They are at school all day, teach them at school. They worry about the kids being over weight but yet with all the homework they don't have time to go outside when they get home.

Posted August 09, 2007
- a former student

Posted April 03, 2007
I can see the quality of the school environment is slowly improving. I just wish something could be done about the short skirts and the language I hear every time I come to the school.

Valley High School
Greyhound Ln, Smithers, WV  25186
Last modified Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top