Bad
Good

I have a son in 6th grade here. He also has ADHD. He has a few teachers who just do not get that it's hard for him to sit still. He was also suspended once for 3 days for talking in class. I understand he isn't supposed to do it but he had also NEVER had lunch detention. Everyone else gets warned with lunch detention first. He also isn't aloud to bring a couple of his class books home. How is he supposed to homework correctly if he can't bring home the book. They are also always short on staff. I expect more from Valley. They do have some great teachers but the also have teachers who don't care. I want my child to have an excellent education but Valley consistently drops the ball.

It is all about the students at this school, and they are terrific students. They care about one another and want to do well.

My school is terrible. I have had 1 day since the beginning of the school year that I haven't had homework, and usually I'm up REALLY late. We are slowly improving, but there is LONG way to go. The principal does not look at petitions the students have created, and is reluctant to change; positive and negative. I do not recommend Valley. I do like that we have many programs, but they're all being drown out by sports.

This school is VERY unsatisfactory, there is nothing to be offered, and most of the students are disrespectful and rude. Most the teachers and students simply don't care about their education and much rather sit there and do, nothing. No teaching, just talking.

Homework is almost non-exsistant at this school. Children are only being taught to the WESTTEST and not much more. The scores on the tests are sad. More work should be done to protect students and less suspensions given out for minor infractions. Oh if you are a parent that only cares about 3 sports and not the education...then you will think this school is wonderful. But if you want your child to succeed in life academically, well that leaves a lot to be desired. And just forget any special education unless you fight tooth and nail to hold the county to the Federal Law.

Everyone at this school is so welcoming. I went to Kennesaw Mountain High School in Kennesaw, Ga and I miss Valley so much!!!!

I think some of the teachers give to much homework. They are at school all day, teach them at school. They worry about the kids being over weight but yet with all the homework they don't have time to go outside when they get home.

I can see the quality of the school environment is slowly improving. I just wish something could be done about the short skirts and the language I hear every time I come to the school.

Last modified Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.