No rating

South Charleston Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 70 students

Living in South Charleston

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $128,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $660.

Posted August 13, 2014

This school is very unorganized and always last minute informing the parents of anything. My child has had wonderful elementary teachers so far, but transferring out of this school due to the principal/administrator lack of competence.

Posted July 21, 2014

I love this school I love pastor Kenny he is such a nice person and he teaches real good I can't wait until school starts back

Posted May 26, 2014

best time's of my life, Pastor Kenny (the principle and pastor) can teach you great wisdom, and be a good friend.

Posted December 13, 2012

I LOVE THIS SCHOOL. Its a wonderful GODLY place. I love the Pastor of this school and so do my children. I look forward to my children being taught under the administration of Kenny Townsend. God is blessing this school.

Posted December 13, 2012

I have 2 children who currently attend SCCA. My oldest started out in public school and in the 2 years he was there, he didnt even learn how to write his name. He is now in first grade and tests on a 3rd grade level. I owe that to SCCA. My other child started k-3 at SCCA and within months she could write her name, recognizs every letter of the alphabet, and what sound every letter made .My children know more about the bible then i do now. I have NEVER had a problem with the staff. They are always friendly, and eager to help. I love the one on one learning and education my children recieve there. I also LOVE how involved I get to be in my childs life, and learning. The Pricipal/ Pastor has always greeted us with a smile and his door is always open. I cant wait until my youngest starts there next year. In regards to the complaint on teachers not teaching, thats ridiculous. I have seen teachers there as late as 9pm doing lesson plans and grading papers. Taking time away from there families, to help out our children. I have seen some of the children outside the gate, BUT those children have parents who work there and who probably allow their own children to get a ball. imagine that.

Posted December 10, 2012

My son went to public grade school, but when it came time for him to enter middle school, I wanted a private Christian alternative. I prayed for years that something affordable and close to home would become available when the time came, and it did. SCCA is an answer to my prayers. My son loves it there, and I am very happy with the pastor/principal and staff. I've gotten to know them on a personal level, and they are always accessible by phone, email, and or text messages to answer any questions I have. They have stood with our family in prayer many times. I am thankful my son has a place where he can get education that applies the Word of God. He has the freedom to carry his Bible, pray, and worship the Lord at school every day. I'm grateful that it is affordable for us as well. This school year, they have started to provide lunch twice a week, which has been great. I hope eventually, they will be able to do it every day. I would highly recommend SCCA to any other parent and/or student.

Posted June 14, 2012

I also have a child that graduated from SCCA. The comment of a computer generated diploma comes from my sons friend, who stayed in trouble all the time. In fact I have a letter from the West Virginia State Department of Education proving the legal status and the exemption K status of South Charleston Christian Acdemy. The past 3 years were the best years of my boy's teen years. I would greatly recomend the school and pastor.

Posted June 6, 2012

My child graduated this school this past year and I was unhappy with the staff in many ways. I dont see how they operate by not having an Exemption K on file with the board of education. My sons diploma did not have a raised seal on his diploma which have had some issues with WV State College recognizing it. I am all for private schools for children but at least we need to do it legal. These kids need to be taken care of and not just handed a worthless piece of paper that is printed off of the computer. Make sure you are carefull before enrolling your child at this private school.

Posted December 24, 2011

I have had my 4 year old in this school for two years and I am very pleased with the teachers and staff. My daughter has learned to read, she knows the books of the KJV Bible, and has learned to respect adults. The school is over qualified with staffing. I think that the bad comments are from parents of students that do not know how to behave or cant stay away from the drugs of this world. Too bad they don't have to put their names on here to post comments. The pastor and executive staff go out of their way to help and care for families in need. This pastor is a highly recognized man in the valley and knows the christian school program.

Posted October 31, 2011

Please BEWARE of this building and the person that runs this school ? I'm very aware of an EVIL presence about this place and so called pastor . this person has many faces .you see only what he allows . Pray long and hard before enrolling your loved ones here . I;ve know my Lord for forty nine years ,I don't believe he would approve of children being talked to and treated this way . There are also questionable students here please keep a watchful eye on your female children , there are good reason too. I know what I speak of unfortunately am related to one of them I will continue to Pray for the children.

Posted August 29, 2011

Regarding the negative review below. I am a retired public school teacher and know for a fact that there are many lousy teachers with a college degree. Also, many classes in public schools are ran by unruly students. A resoanbly intelligent person can educate children through the 8th grade. After that, there are ample options that provide excellent academics and keep the child away from the public school cess pools.

Posted August 29, 2011

Love the school. Preschool is wonderful. Very affordable. Love that my child can complete schooling through 12th grade. Good education and safe environment with a Christian emphasis. Highly recommended.

Posted July 29, 2011

I have two children who have attended SCCA for two years and I am very pleased with their progress. The first year was a little rough but this past year was wonderful. The curriculum is at or above that which is taught in the public school system and they are adding new things every year. SCCA is a small school that has a desire to provide a quality education while keeping your children under the word of God. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted March 14, 2011

If you are thinking about having your child attend South Charleston Christian Academy, there are a few things you may want to know before deciding. First, your child will not be recieving a full education due to the fact that some teachers do not have their teaching lisence. Also, most students know more than the teachers themselves. At least in public schools the teachers do the teaching and the students get an education. Second, there is never a set time for the release of students. Your child will almost never be able to inform you of when they will be out of school or when to pick them up. Third, your child will most likely never see attendence being taken. So, without proof that your child has or has not been to school, there will be multiple accusations that your child has been absent. When you recieve a phone call from the school that your child has been absent many times, do not be suprised. Finally, there is plenty of unfair treatment at the South Charleston Christian Academy. If after reading this review you still decide to have your child attend the Christian Academy, you will be dissapointed with the outcome.

Posted August 16, 2010

My son struggled in the public school system because of bad teaching and stress from peers after going to school one year at SCCA he has become and A student . I am very proud of him and of the support this school gives their student.

Posted February 4, 2010

My daughter was a straight-a public school student at a good elementary school in Kanawha County. Despite being a straight-A student, she struggled with math and never seemed to internalize what she was being taught. After year at SCCA, she is no longer a straight-A student, but now UNDERSTANDS and applies the things she s being taught. Not only that, but there has been a marked improvement in her attitude and faith since she started.

Posted February 19, 2009

SCCA has made a world of difference in my grandaughter's attitude toward learning. She has dyslexia and struggled K-3 in public school. Pastor Kenny and teachers are focused on education and a safe environment for all students. I Praise the Lord for SCCA!

Posted February 11, 2009

My daughter is learning so much more than in public school. I believe God has answered our prayers after watching our daughter struggle.

Posted January 27, 2009

This school is a great learning enviroment. The teachers are very fun. Pastor Kenny is a great civics teacher. MR. Kirluck is a very interactive teacher. Bryan is a fun teacher just dont get d-hall you will listen to irish music and it lasts 41:27
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 4, 2009

This school is a phenomenal alternative to crowded public schools! The staff is friendly and inviting and the curriculum is within the same guidelines as the Kanawha County BOE. I know this because I am a public school teacher w/ Kanawha County! I cannot imagine a better place to send my child to receive a well-established christian education!

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

7th Avenue & E Street