PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted April 06, 2016
My son was doing awful in public school. .so in 2nd grade we discovered SCCA, his grades improved from failing to A&B'see his mode went from always upset and feeling like he was stupid to all smiles and feeling proud of himself. He loves learning about the Bible and worshipping God. Also my daughter is in Kindergarten this year and already knows how to write in cursive and can read better than most public school graduates... Love this school and all the wonderful people who teach here.

South Charleston Christian Academy 2

Posted August 13, 2014
This school is very unorganized and always last minute informing the parents of anything. My child has had wonderful elementary teachers so far, but transferring out of this school due to the principal/administrator lack of competence.

Posted July 21, 2014
I love this school I love pastor Kenny he is such a nice person and he teaches real good I can't wait until school starts back

Posted May 26, 2014
best time's of my life, Pastor Kenny (the principle and pastor) can teach you great wisdom, and be a good friend.

Posted December 13, 2012
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL. Its a wonderful GODLY place. I love the Pastor of this school and so do my children. I look forward to my children being taught under the administration of Kenny Townsend. God is blessing this school.

Posted December 13, 2012
I have 2 children who currently attend SCCA. My oldest started out in public school and in the 2 years he was there, he didnt even learn how to write his name. He is now in first grade and tests on a 3rd grade level. I owe that to SCCA. My other child started k-3 at SCCA and within months she could write her name, recognizs every letter of the alphabet, and what sound every letter made .My children know more about the bible then i do now. I have NEVER had a problem with the staff. They are always friendly, and eager to help. I love the one on one learning and education my children recieve there. I also LOVE how involved I get to be in my childs life, and learning. The Pricipal/ Pastor has always greeted us with a smile and his door is always open. I cant wait until my youngest starts there next year. In regards to the complaint on teachers not teaching, thats ridiculous. I have seen teachers there as late as 9pm doing lesson plans and grading papers. Taking time away from there families, to help out our children. I have seen some of the children outside the gate, BUT those children have parents who work there and who probably allow their own children to get a ball. imagine that.

Posted December 10, 2012
My son went to public grade school, but when it came time for him to enter middle school, I wanted a private Christian alternative. I prayed for years that something affordable and close to home would become available when the time came, and it did. SCCA is an answer to my prayers. My son loves it there, and I am very happy with the pastor/principal and staff. I've gotten to know them on a personal level, and they are always accessible by phone, email, and or text messages to answer any questions I have. They have stood with our family in prayer many times. I am thankful my son has a place where he can get education that applies the Word of God. He has the freedom to carry his Bible, pray, and worship the Lord at school every day. I'm grateful that it is affordable for us as well. This school year, they have started to provide lunch twice a week, which has been great. I hope eventually, they will be able to do it every day. I would highly recommend SCCA to any other parent and/or student.

Posted June 14, 2012
I also have a child that graduated from SCCA. The comment of a computer generated diploma comes from my sons friend, who stayed in trouble all the time. In fact I have a letter from the West Virginia State Department of Education proving the legal status and the exemption K status of South Charleston Christian Acdemy. The past 3 years were the best years of my boy's teen years. I would greatly recomend the school and pastor.

South Charleston Christian Academy 1

Posted June 06, 2012
My child graduated this school this past year and I was unhappy with the staff in many ways. I dont see how they operate by not having an Exemption K on file with the board of education. My sons diploma did not have a raised seal on his diploma which have had some issues with WV State College recognizing it. I am all for private schools for children but at least we need to do it legal. These kids need to be taken care of and not just handed a worthless piece of paper that is printed off of the computer. Make sure you are carefull before enrolling your child at this private school.

Posted December 24, 2011
I have had my 4 year old in this school for two years and I am very pleased with the teachers and staff. My daughter has learned to read, she knows the books of the KJV Bible, and has learned to respect adults. The school is over qualified with staffing. I think that the bad comments are from parents of students that do not know how to behave or cant stay away from the drugs of this world. Too bad they don't have to put their names on here to post comments. The pastor and executive staff go out of their way to help and care for families in need. This pastor is a highly recognized man in the valley and knows the christian school program.

South Charleston Christian Academy
7th Avenue & E Street , South Charleston, WV  25303
Last modified South Charleston Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12