Bad
Good

Posted October 13, 2008
Montrose Elementary is one of the best schools in Kanawha County. It has a great staff.

Posted September 21, 2008
The only issue I have is that my child is an individual and is most definitely outside the box. The teacher here are not quite able, or capable of dealing w/ this amount of 'different'. I don't want my child to become an automaton. I want her to continue to be herself and to voice her emotion w/out be a striction to society.

Montrose Elementary School 4

Posted August 06, 2008
This school is 'safe' to say that academic needs are met in a structured way. My children genuinely loved the continual praise given for their hard earned efforts. The team effort is a proud one for the faculty. If you like a strong sense of community, then look no further. Practice caution around 'cattiness'. As in any small, southern town, expect the nosey especially if you are from a big city. I praise the art teacher for putting her heart into her work. She uses her entire paycheck for supplies that the board of education is suppose to supply......her office is the trunk of her car......she travels to five schools in one week.

Posted May 22, 2008
The instructional style at this school is 'tired'. There are teachers that will readily admit that they are too old to deal with the prepubescent behaviors of older elementary children.. Indidudualism is considered taboo.

Posted September 28, 2007
This is a wonderful school. My grandson is a student in the Kindergarten class this year. He loves it. Keep up the great work. Thank you

Posted July 05, 2007
We just finished our first year with Montrose and love it. Our son has thrived under the leadership of Montrose. We couldn't be happier!

Posted September 18, 2006
Montrose Elementary is a wonderful school. Not only did I go there years ago but now my son is a student there. They have an excellent academic program. Montrose always has parent involvement and keeps parents informed. I also feel it is a very safe environment for my son.

Posted March 23, 2006
My son is in Kindergarten at Montrose Elementary. I chose to move to this area specifically so we would be in the Montrose School Disctrict. I have been very impressed with the teachers, principal, and other leaders at this school. I know that they truly care about the children. The principal, Mrs. Hedge and secretary, Mrs. Holstein know and greet all the children by name. I receive updates and correspondence pertaining to my child from the teacher, Mrs. Rush. She is very encouraging for new kindergarteners! I am looking forward to my son's future at Montrose.

Posted October 04, 2004
The top of one of the top elementary schools in Kanawha County. Is continually recognized as an 'exemplary school.' Small school environment and atmosphere in a nice neighborhood in South Charleston. Probably the best and safest public elementary school in Charleston.

631 Montrose Dr, South Charleston, WV  25303
(304) 348-1930
Last modified Montrose Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montrose Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top