Posted August 24, 2008

Posted December 26, 2007
My son is in the first grade at Alban. He is doing great! His year is alot better this year due to the new principal Mrs. Ketterly! She loves children and it shows! And as far as I am concerned he has the best teacher in the state- Mrs. Stacie Morgan!

Posted December 14, 2006
My child is now a second grader, she has grown up in this school and she now loves it! It took her a while to get used to the 'school life', during her kindergraden year we had a lot of changes in our family and she had a rough year, but now she doesn't get tickets pulled and her grades are GREAT. We couldn't ask for a better school!

Posted January 10, 2006
I have a child in kindergarten also. She enjoys learning and expects to learn new things every day. She doesn't 'act up' in class and reports to me on the ones that do. She doesn't understand why they do that in school. That is for the playground and at home. She is learning to read and sound out words she doesn't know from the word wall or from the exercises. She is counting and adding numbers and was so excited when she added 100 + 100 = 200. This should be expected from 5/6 year olds. The hopping of children should have been in day care not in school. This world is going to be tough. So, our children have to be prepared. Way to go alban teachers! you are great.

Alban Elementary School 4

Posted December 18, 2005
I appreciate the fact that Alban pushes the kids. The school sends home weekly newsletters that let the parents know the week's activities and homework. They bring home folders with all their homework and graded papers so that I can stay informed on what and how they are doing in school. I currently have a 4th grader and 2nd grader and fully believe that they will not be behind other schools as they get older and go to middle school because of the fact Alban pushes them to do more and to behave in class. And yes, even kids in kindergarten should be able to behave for a full day.

Alban Elementary School 2

Posted January 13, 2004
Overall, Alban elementary school s curriculum is good. This is my first experience with the school system. My child is in kindergarten and he is five. The expectations that are put on the five-year-olds at this school are just too high. Their system is to pull tickets and for example, I get tickets that say things like he was hopping like a rabbit in class today. They are five-year-olds, that is normal behavior. I feel that the teacher s do not understand child development. I thought that kindergarten was for leaning how to socialize and get ready for the first grade. The curriculum is already on the first grade level and the teachers expect for these kids to be totally attentive for 6.5 hours a day. When they do normal kid stuff instead of correcting it, they send home these petty tickets that over whelm the parents.

Alban Elementary School
2030 Harrison Ave, St. Albans, WV  25177
Last modified Alban Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alban Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top