St. Albans, WV

Mckinley Middle School 1

Posted June 04, 2012
I moved to the Saint Albans area wanting my child to go to Mckinley hearing great things about the staff. My daughter transferred there with low grades and struggling with 7th grade level work. She has ADHD and gets very frustrated when she doesnt understand the work. I thought Mckinley would be a great school to help my daughter and give her an education that even children with problems deserve, but i quickly found out that although the faculity was awesome and really tried to help my daughter, the administration was cold and very hateful when dealing with me and my daughter. They wrote me a letter not accepting her to their school next year and to go to her home school. This is really upsetting and hurtful. So i can tell you if her child has the slightest problems dont expect the administration to be caring and helpful even though the teachers were awsome. The students there are statistics to the administration and if your student will bring down their stats or testing scores, they will get rid of them if they can. I am very disappointed in Mckinley Middle School Administration. But if your kid doesn't have any problems or need extra help it is a great school.

Posted March 01, 2011
My daughter has had a wonderful experience at McKinley! Academics, sports and extracurriculars have been great! Faculty is caring and firm in areas of discipline.

Posted April 21, 2010

Posted May 05, 2009
The best school around is McKinley. Hayes is near it, but Hayes doesn't have such a great staff and principal like McKinley.

Posted October 24, 2008

Posted April 24, 2006
I transferred my child to McKinley Middle because of the excellent staff and quality of programs. The school is small but the students are caring and polite. The high standards of the faculty and the professionalism of the administration is outstanding. Quality programs like Read 180 (a reading remediation program) set this little school apart. If you want your child to work upwards toward their potential MMS is where you will send them.

Mckinley Middle School
3000 Kanawha Terrace, St. Albans, WV  25177
Last modified Mckinley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mckinley Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top