Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

these is my school i am the kid wyatt s. lipscomb i like these school becouse thay have the best teacher and the very best prichible i am in 3.ed gread and you ryanhart you are one of the best i am in mis.scobro's class it is the 3.ed week of school and school IS SO FUN it is like lerning all there is to know but mis ryanhart have you read the story a fine fine school it is in the 3.ed gread reading book have i NICE DAY.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The principal and secretary are downright rude, snotty expletives. I don't know why they don't change their ways. I've worked in the school system and I have worked at Central before (for one day) and principal was so rude, I couldn't imagine wanting to stay there permanently or even taking a sub job there for a single day. The children have no fun or engaging activities and it's so dull. I'm so glad my daughter will not be attending this school.

Centra Elementary Why doesn't this school ever do anything fun for the children. They never have parties and never go on field trips. It's my understanding it's up to the principal. The hot chocolate " party" is a joke. Let the have a Halloween dress up party. It's no wonder these children don't like this school. A little fun never hurt anyone.

I do not know how the ratings are so high for Central Elem. The secretary is rude, it's obvious she hates her job. She is always sneering. The fifth grade field trip was a local bowling trip. Anne Bailey took their kids to Pittsburgh!! What the heck CE?! In my day we traveled WV and even ventured to other states! My son is excited because they are taking him to a park next week. Please!!! I can do that on my own time!!!

In my opinion this school has a teacher that seriously needs to be let go and an administration that needs to follow up on issues more promptly. My child was in kindergarten this past year and the teacher had classified my son very early on and then allowed him to be teased throughout the year. The principal said she would follow up, however the atmosphere in the classroom did not change and my son went from a child who actually liked school to one who was afraid of school and hated everything about it. Unfortunately I do not have any other options for my son due to the bus route, so he is still at this school. I can only hope that his first grade teacher will be better.

it is a wanderful school everyone is caring and nice and do well with my son thank you all for the time and patince you have given to help him to do his best

I have one child that moved to middle school and one child that has just started K. I cannot say enough good things about this school. I feel that the staff of the school did an excellent job in preparing my daughter for middle school.

I have 3 children attending this school and one just moved on to middle school. I can't say that I have any love lost for the school. While there are several teachers there who truly seem to care about the children, there are others and those amongst the administration who definitely do noy. If I had an alternative with bus transportation, I would have taken it a couple years ago!

I am pleased with the way my childeren are learning and are being challenged every day. What I find unacceptable is the way the teacher handles her classroom. I do not feel that teachers need to discuss there personal life in a negative way with the students. What happens at home does not need to be brought to the classroom, unless it is positive and I feel that there is no excuse for a teachers behavior due to his/her personal issues at home.

Last modified Central Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.