Bad
Good

My son was struggling in public schools and they were not, or not willing, to give him the help he needed. The public school told us our son would never make it in a private school because he was too far behind and they didn't have the resources public schools have. Well, it turned out to be the other way around! St. Francis offered us a small class size, individual attention, a caring and nurturing atmosphere and flexibility that public schools could never offer. My son went from being a D and F student to an A and B student and he LOVES going to school! He has happier and more successful than he has ever been. I am amazed at how quickly he caught up and how much he is learning. I would absolutely recommend this school to anyone. If your child is struggling in public school please try St. Francis. They have gotten my child back on the right track!

.Saint Francis is an outstanding school that is very family centric. There are many good elementary schools in the area but if you want a warm friendly atmosphere that is just the right size for young learners, this is the place. The first grade teacher and her volunteers are OUTSTANDING!!! My son is reading and spelling words that average third graders have a hard time with. The math there tops the curriculum in the local schools. This is one of the reasons we chose Saint Francis. We are very happy and would highly recommend this school.

St Francis of Assisi School in St Albans, WV provides an extremely well rounded education, along with a wonderful value system, great teachers, and discipline. I couldn't be happier nor my child being a part of this school atmosphere, plus my child is receiving a quality education. The staff prepare the children for their future.

We started our child here in preschool with great expectations. We thought small class sizes meant more individual instruction. Were we ever wrong. It just meant work was piled on faster than many of the students could keep up. Spelling lists of 10-12 words weekly. Spaghetti? Chrysalis? For first graders? Lots of work for them with not much help. We liked the school a lot., but the pressure on the students was just too much. Our child is now much happier (and learning much better) in a nearby public school.

Wonderful School, great teacher/student ratio and very high test scores. Highly suggested.

Last modified St. Francis of Assisi School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5