Posted October 12, 2010
I expect a graduate of an elementary school to be able to conjugate a sentence with a subject and verb that agree. I expect a graduate to have the ability to count change. I expect a graduate to be able to tell time. I expect a graduate to have a rudimentary knowledge of geography. I expect so very little of a graduate of an elementary school. Tragically, this school fails to meet my expectations with stunning consistency.

Posted October 03, 2010
All three of my children have went to Andrews Heights. My youngest is now in 3rd grade. I have had nothing but positive experiences there. If there has ever been issues we meaning myself, teacher and principal have worked together to fix the issue. The building(s) are because the county has not spent the money to add on. Not the schools. My children have received an excellent education there. I love this school.

Posted September 25, 2010
I've actually seen wonderful schools and Andrews Heights isn't one of them. We've lived in three states since my children began school several years ago and have had excellent experiences everywhere but here. I've never seen another school with "water bugs" that look like giant cockroaches. I've never enrolled my children in another school where a house trailer qualified as a classroom. I've never seen another school where a student takes his life in his hands to walk along the street in front of the school. I've never seen students required to use such shabby textbooks. I've seen a great many things since my child was enrolled at this school and none of them laid a positive foundation for his future.

Posted September 12, 2010
My child has attended Andrews Heights for two years. We have had a WONDERFUL experience here. The principal and teachers are so caring! They have high expectations for student achievement. I don't understand some of the other reviews that I have read downing this school. I'm afraid that our school is getting a bad review because they have had "run-ins" with the teachers and principal over discipline problems involving their kids. I'm glad that our school has a zero tolerance for disruptive children! My child should not suffer academically because your child has had no Home-Training on how to behave!

Posted May 05, 2010
disappointed at the results. Not a school for kids to attend that want one on one help

Posted May 05, 2010
the quality of education at Andrews Heights poor. No involvement like what my children enjoyed at their prior school. I am concerned that my children are at a disadvantaged for substandard education. Need caring teacher that want to help children suceed, not to put children on special programs or meds. Teacher to student ratio needs corrected

Andrews Heights Elementary School 3

Posted May 03, 2010
I love this school but I am concerned about the decline I have seen in the school over the past few years. We have had children in the school for seven years. the numbers are starting to drop academically. This dose worry me and I may think about transporting my baby to a different school if things continue to drop. I also have seen teacher attitudes changes

Posted February 10, 2010
The GreatSchools Rating for this school has fallen from 7 out of 10 to 4 out of 10. This is consistent with the decline that I have seen as a parent. When my older children attended, their experience was fine. More recently, problems have compounded one upon another and getting them addressed by the principal has been an exercise in futility. I am concerned that my younger children will be disadvantaged for life as a result of receiving a substandard education here.

Posted February 02, 2010
I love this school. I have been a volunteer at the school throughout the years that my children have attended. I have seen first hand how the staff really cares about the children. They are very good to work with the parents if a problem arises or if a student has a special set of circumstances. The teachers seem to all get along and work with each other well which makes a peaceful atmosphere for learning. Also, I feel that it is a very safe environment to send my children. There are many programs in place to encourage the kids to do their best. I always speak highly of this school and would recomend it to everyone.

Posted September 08, 2009
Unfortunately, the quality of education at Andrews Heights does not equal what my children enjoyed at their prior school. The faculty, staff and principal tell me that they struggle just to provide a safe educational environment with the financial resources available to them. This is evident in the quality of life my children have as students at this school and in the instruction they receive.

Andrews Heights Elementary School
Coal River Rd, Tornado, WV  25202
Last modified Andrews Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Andrews Heights Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top