Weirton, WV

Weir Middle School 3

Posted January 23, 2013
iits a good school my problem is how are kids to learn if they can not bring home text books.study guides are good but I thole books would also be benifocal in learning.

Posted July 30, 2011
The problem with Weir Middle is not the teachers it's the parents. A child's first and most important teacher is the parent. Discipline and structure need to be in the home. Most of the children do not respect authority. It is estimated that 20% of a teacher's class time is used to handle discipline issues in which most cases parents to not back teachers and administrators. If parents would go back to school and learn how to raise their children the quality of public education would greatly improve.

Weir Middle School 5

Posted November 16, 2009
Weir Middle School ranks very high in the state of West Virginia as far as academics. The A/R program is wonderful. The program works if the student works the program. This is not a program invented by Weir Middle School it is used all over the country and research has shown increases in comprehension and reading fluency when the program is used correctly by the students. Weir Middle School is often used as a school of practice by the state. Experiencing new programs first. The teachers at this school work very hard to maintain high levels of technology and other 21st century incentives. Hancock County sends teachers to training often in order to advance the skills needs for the professional level of education that is required for the position. All teachers at Weir Middle School are 'Highly Qualified' and most hold Master's Degrees and above.

Posted February 13, 2008
I am currently an 8th grade student at Weir Middle. I had some up's and down's thorughout my middle school carreer. I think the teaching methods are excellent. The only problem really is that they are a little too strict and discipline a little too much. I have many fond memoires of Weir Middle School.

Weir Middle School 1

Posted January 28, 2008
they are uneficent and overly stict with the students

Posted July 24, 2007
the ar program has been a trouble for me since i was a 4.0-.3.5 student, and when i have to go through the troubles of the ar system, my grade falls drastically. anonymous

Posted January 11, 2007
Weir Middle is the best example of why so many people Home School if they can or move to PA/OH where they can take advantage of Cyber Schooling.If a child does not fit a cookie cutter image Weirton schools don't even know they exist!If a child doesn't just automatically succeed they don't have a chance in our public schools in Weirton.I'm not talking about kids with learning disabilities, just your average kids who may need a little extra time.They need teachers who really Teach and not just want to baby-sit and have the summers off!Explain things and not call the kids names, yes the teachers resort to name calling:(The AR program is a Joke!What happen to Reading Class or can't the teachers be bothered!Its a shame we have a lot of kids in Weirton who may not be athletes but are still worth spending time on!Office staff Unfriendly!

Weir Middle School 1

Posted May 24, 2006
I have 3 children that attend this school and for 2 years now I have had nothing but problems with the administration. I have a child that has adhd/add and they have no idea on how to teach him anything but negitivity.

Posted March 22, 2006
As a parent I feel that Weir Middle school is stand offish. If I could afford to send my children, I would send them anywhere but there. They are more concerned with points and test scores than the actual child. Try getting help from a secretary, they look at you like you are crazy as if to say why are you bothering us. I am venting a little, honestly though, I am even considering homeschooling my children. I also think fifth graders have no place at a junior high school.

Weir Middle School 4

Posted February 06, 2005
I think that the reminder program isn't a very good idea. Kids that are bad don't care how many they get. If you want to get the point through to them write them up. I also think that the AR program isn't a very good idea. Kids should choose to read and not be forced to read. This information is coming from a much better outlook for I am a student of Weir Middle School. I actually understand what is going on.

125 Sinclair Ave, Weirton, WV  26062
Last modified Weir Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Weir Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top